16

"imma fuck witcha," bam says, dapping tyler up as they exit the practice facility.

"aight, b," they go their separate ways to their cars. tyler pulls out his phone and checks his messages, replying to what he missed while he was at practice. surprisingly, there's none from azure, and it gets him in his feelings but he doesn't take it personally because he knows she's in class. but it still hurts.

tyler: hey baby. just thinking about you

he looks up from his phone when he nears his car. tyler stops dead in his tracks when his eyes land on a pair of women's sandals on an all too familiar body. he runs a hand through his hair and internally cusses himself out, and puts his eyes on her. "what are you doing here?"

"why are you ignoring me?" leila asks, ignoring his question and walking over to him. tyler looks off to the side as she approaches, wearing biker shorts and a matching top. she stops in front of him and reaches for him, but he pushes her hand away and takes a step back.

"stop, bro. what are you doing here?" he asks again.

"i wanted to see you. you're being distant," she says, sighing and looking up at him. tyler avoids her eyes, looking above her head and out at nothing. he's grateful to be as tall as he is in this exact moment.

"i have a girlfriend,"he says, finally looking down his nose at her. leila gives him an innocent smile.

"that has never stopped you."

he considers her words and runs a hand over his face. "this is different," he says decidedly. and it's true because she is. it's been awhile since he cared about a woman the way he does for azure. ever since he got into the league, he's had a plethora of women at his disposal—there was no need for a relationship because he was never lonely. he knew who he could call for head, for a late nights drive, someone to get food with—it was never an issue.

leila scoffs at him. "sure it is, tyler. and when you're calling me in a few weeks because you got bored of her, i won't be mad," she says. tyler clenches his jaw at her words and takes a few steps away from her. leila looks at him with a satisfied smile on her face.

"fuck off, leila," he says.

she rolls her eyes at him. "you just mad because i'm right. you know you can't keep a woman—shit, i should tell azure now and save her from the pain and embarrassment that you're inevitably going to cause?" tyler bores holes into her at the mention of azure. how the fuck does she know?

"fuck you, leila. don't ever mention her name again," tyler spits, his face feeling hot. "get the fuck out of here." he demands.

"don't speak to me like that!"

"i'll talk to you however the fuck i want to talk to you," tyler says with a shrug. he's not usually one to get out of character like this, but she's pushed him far enough.

leila looks him up and down in disgust. "i got something for that ass," she says before walking away from him and getting into her car. she passes tyler's and hesitates, like she's going to kick in his lights or something, and then keeps walking and angrily pulls the door open, and then angrily slams it behind her.

tyler runs a hand over his face and gets in his own car, pressing a button that roars it to life. his phone buzzes in his pocket, and the message on the screen calms him down enough for him to smile.

azure: ❤️

azure: i miss u

tyler: come see me

-

azure answers the phone when tyler calls her.  "hey, ty," she says, putting the phone to her ear and trying not to move too much because she's getting her hair braided.