19

"i'll pick y'all up in an hour, alright?" he says to his brothers. they both nod, too into their game with jimmy. his coach said he could bring them to practice, and then he ended up allowing them to scrimmage with the team for ten minutes. jimmy challenged the three of them to play 2v2, but tyler has plans with azure that he'd rather go to.

"have fun playing kissy face with your girlfriend!" jimmy says as he takes a shot from the three point line. tyler feels himself get red, and he hurries out of the gym. he hasn't been able to get azure out his mind (more than usual) since last night. she's been racing his mind since she said what she said, and he found it difficult to focus during practice.

tyler practically speeds over to his house and comes to a rolling stop when he gets in his driveway. he all but leaps out of his car, grabbing his backpack and running up the the steps. he unlocks the door to his house and runs up the stairs to quickly shower before she gets here.

his mind is foggy as he cleans himself off, only thinking about azure and her only. after they fooled around upstairs for a little, she ignored him for the better half of the night until he drove her back to her dorm. she acted shy around him until she got out of the car, and he wasn't really sure why—they hadn't done anything.

getting out of the shower, tyler quickly dries himself off as well as his hair. he grabs boxers, a tshirt, and a pair of grey sweats. tyler throws the garments on and puts his feet in his slides before heading downstairs.

tyler bounces his knee anxiously after he takes a seat on the couch. he checks the clock behind the tv and bites his knuckle, anxious to see azure. he's not really sure what's going to happen, but he has an idea.

walking around the house to aimlessly clean up after his brothers, a knock sounds at his front door. tyler quickly tosses whatever's in his hands on the trash and wipes them on a towel before going to open the front door. azure stands behind it in a pair of jeans, a black crop top, and a black puffer jacket—the most normal and least dressy he's ever seen her.

azure smiles at him when he opens the door. "hey, pretty," he says, leaning down to kiss her while simultaneously pulling her inside the house.

"hi, tyler," she says when the pull apart, taking her purse off of her shoulder and sliding her jacket off. tyler takes her coat from her as she steps out of her shoes. "you should just give me a key so i don't have to wait for you." she says jokingly.

"i was thinking the same thing, honestly," tyler says, peeking his head around the corner in the hallway. azure raises her eyebrows at him.

she walks out of the foyer and notices the normal quiet and stillness of his place—the complete opposite of yesterday. "where are you brothers?" she asks, looking all around the house as if they were playing hide and seek.

"i brought them with me to practice and they wanted to stay with jimmy," he says. azure nods, a small smile on her face. she goes over to tyler and takes a seat next to him, leaving a few inches of space between the two of them. an unspoken something lulls between them, buzzing around like electricity. azure wonders if it's just her, or if tyler feels it too.

he puts a hand on her leg and she turns to look at him, something inside of her buzzing. "my brothers like you, you know," tyler says, clearing his throat. she knows that he doesn't really care to talk about them in this moment, because it's just small talk and he doesn't like small talk.

azure nods. "i know. they really are your clones," she says. tyler chuckles and agrees with her. hanging out with all three of them yesterday was like watching tyler at different stages of his life.

shifting in her seat, azure brings her legs up onto the couch and sits her knees, fully facing him. tyler's eyes fall on her exposed abdomen and trail back up to her face. she doesn't wait for him to make a move, and crawls onto his lap, straddling him. tyler's hands move to rest on her waist and he peers up into her brown eyes.