7

tyler pulls up to jimmys house and parks in his driveway. he gets out, a slight hop in his step. on a scale of one to ten, his date with azure was a nine. it would've been a ten if they kissed, but that didn't happen.

without knocking, tyler opens the door and takes off his shoes. he hears the voices of bam, jimmy, and kendrick in the living room.

"you don't knock when you come to someone's house? you just let yourself in?" jimmy questions the rookie. tyler shrugs.

"it's just you," he says, taking a seat on the ottoman.

"see, thats some white people shit," bam says, earning snickers from the two other men. tyler shakes his head and leans back on the bench seat. "but howd your little date go?"

tyler can't help but smile. "this nigga in love!" jimmy says.

"nah, i like her though. shes hella cool," tyler says, running a hand through his hair. azurie was just different than the other girls he's fooled around with. most girls in miami are willing, like leila. he had to work for it with azurie.

"what yall end up doing?"

"art museum, food, beach, back to her dorm," he says, listing it off like it's a tinder bio. the three men nod and jimmy chuckles.

"that's all?" jimmy asks, expecting to hear all about their after hours activities, like usual. but none come, and tyler just nods. "seriously? you lost your game like that?"

"pause. i been had game, but Z is different. i don't know how to explain it," tyler sighs. she's just cool and he likes to hang out with her.

"Z? you onna nickname basis already?" bam asks, eyes wide. tyler's face turns red as he shakes his head.

"man, i don't even know why i came over here. we got a game tomorrow!" tyler exclaims, sitting up. his phone buzzes in his pocket and he pulls it out, seeing a text from another girl he's talking to; jocelyn.

jocelyn: u busy?

tyler: yeah i'll hit u later

jocelyn: kk

"who that?"

"one of his many hoes," kendrick says. title shrugs cockily and slides his phone in his pocket again. he looks at his watch and stands up, stretching. "you finna bounce?"

"yup. we got a game tomorrow, i'll holla at y'all later," he says, dapping kendrick up. tyler gives dap to jimmy and kendrick, puts on his shoes, and exits jimmy's home.

tyler drives home, feeling good about himself and his date with azure. there was no way she wasnt feeling him, her mannerisms proved it. and he was feeling her, too.

pulling up to his condo, he parks in a spot and makes his way inside, his german pinscher, cain, making his way over to him. "you hungry?" the dogs ears perk up and he runs back into the living room. tyler follows him and grabs his dog food before filling up cains bowl.

tyler sinks down onto his couch and pulls out his phone, ignoring the text from jocelyn and texting azure instead. it's only been 30 minutes since their date, but he still wanted to talk to her.

tyler: u busy?

azure: not really... why?

tyler: ft?

azure: hold on

tyler rests his phone on his lap and turns on the tv to kill time while he waits for azure to do whatever she has to do. espn turns on and commentary from tonight's game with the pacers and warriors is on. tyler ignores it and flips through the channels.