1

azure scribbles illegible notes into her spiral as quickly as possible, before her calculus professor closed the assignment. the assignment itself was easy, she just fell asleep in class and didn't have a chance to copy down the notes and now she had 30 minutes to view this page before the window closed. college was no joke.

"3, 6, suck a nigga dick no foreplay all day," azure mumbles quietly to ASAP Rockys 'lord pretty flacko joyde 2'. it wasn't the best study music but it was one of her favorite songs.

after ten minutes of taking notes that she could barely read, she finishes and starts on her actual calculus homework. she switches from asap rocky to ari lennox and lets her voice take her to another world.

her roomate and best friend since childhood, sadie, enters their dorm, but azure doesn't look up because she doesn't notice. sadie laughs to herself and shakes her head at how hard her best friend was going. it was no doubt that azure was insanely smart, she always has been and will be the brains between the two girls, not that sadie is stupid, she just doesn't stress about school the way azure does.

between the two, azure was the one always stressed about something. she was a worrier and always has been, especially about school and her future, though she's relaxed on her future ever since she finally decided her major: computer engineering.

azure is and has been always focused on school and has always set ridiculously high standards for herself that she has achieved, but have also caused her to miss out on a lot of things. but ever since she started at U of M, she's broken out of that shell and has gone out a lot more with sadie.

sadie sets her bags down and quietly creeps up behind azure and throws her hands on her shoulders and yells, "BOO!"

azure jumps and screams, swiveling around in her chair. a horrified looking azure stares at a doubled over and laughing sadie. "what the hell is wrong with you?!" azure yells, pausing her music and glaring at sadie.

"that was so. funny," sadie says in between laughs, her eyes tearing up.

it wasn't funny at all to azure. "you're so annoying," azure huffs before spinning around and going back to her homework that she now had 13 minutes to complete—good thing she was more than halfway done.

"but you love me," sadie sings, taking off her air forces and putting on slides instead.

"mhm," azure replies, pressing play on her music and going back to work. sadie decides to let her friend do her thing and flops on her bed to aimlessly scroll through social media. she takes a few photos and posts them to her snap chat and instgram stories.

sadie was pretty well known, she was pretty and friendly and just knew almost everyone in florida, being that she's been here her entire life. azure was well known too, but not like sadie. she wasn't as outgoing and most kept to herself, but that wasn't to say she didn't have friends. she had a close circle of 5 other girls (not including sadie): deja, jaci, nora, alicia, and jalean. most of the girls have been friends since middle school, but sadie and azure met nora and jaci during freshman year.

sadies phone buzzes in her hand with a text from her good friend, derrick jones junior—yes, the one on the miami heat. she's known him since he got drafted and they tried to date, but they clashed too much and were better off as friends. besides, sadie didn't even like being tied down.

djj: u busy tonight?

sadie: no why?

djj: throwin a lil kickback tonight, bring ya fine ass friends

sadie: what time?

djj: around 8 but u know niggas show up at 9

sadie: heard u

"z," sadie calls out to her friend. azure holds up her index finger in a 'hold on' gesture. she quickly scribbles the answer down and then swivels around to face sadie.

"yeah?"

"derrick is throwing a kickback, do you want to go?" sadie had a feeling her friend would say no, but it was worth a shot.

"i don't know, i have homework-" sadie cuts her off. "you can do it tomorrow during study hall! please come with me," sadie begs, giving azure her best puppy dog eyes.

azure sighs and leans back in her chair. she has been extremely focused and stressed with school these past few weeks and has been turning down sadies offers to hang out, a couple of hours wouldnt hurt, right? 

with a huff of air, azure replies with: "fine."

-

the two girls walk up the sidewalk to derricks house, arms linked together. sadie was extremely happy that azure had agreed to go, she missed her best friend.

"i should've worn contacts," azure states as the approach the front door. she decided to wear black, ripped skinny jeans, a U of M men's basketball crew neck, white air max 97s, along with her glasses. it couldn't get more college than that.

"i think you look cute," sadie says honestly. but she looked good; similar black jeans, a white, long sleeved vneck crop top, yellow stan smiths, a jean jacket. her hair, compared to azures quickly done afro puff, was nicely done in a slicked back ponytail. they both honestly looked good, azure just looked like she's never been out before.

azure goes to knock but sadie stops her by just opening the door. okay.

sadie leads her inside and by the loudness coming from the house, it was definitely a party and not a kickback. great.

azure's theories are proven to be true once they reach the living room of derricks large house. there was probably 70 people in the living room, no way this was a kickback.

sadie spots derrick talking amongst a group of about 6 guys and drags azure in that direction and azure allows for sadie to do so, since she doesn't know anybody in the room besides her friend and derrick.

"excuse me, excuse me, move," sadie says as the two of them push through the crowded area. azure steps on someone's foot but doesn't look back to see who it was, they'd live.

the two reach derrick and once again shove through the throng of guys. "damn, ma," one of them says as azure passes, his eyes locked on her ass. again, she doesn't turn around to see who it was.

"i thought this was a kickback, nigga! this is a damn party!" sadie yells as she and azure approach djj. he scoffs and pushes sadie out of the way and extends his arms to azure who walks into them.

"hey, dj," she says, giving him a quick hug.

"hey, girl. see, sade, why can't you be more like her?" he asks, slinging an arm over azures shoulders. she just laughs and puts her arm around his torso and scans the men around her. all guys she doesn't know, but finds attractive. out of the 6 black men though, there is one white boy.

"who ya friends?" sadie asks, turning on her sadie-like charm. she had the ability to quiet a room and gather the attention of every man in it too. azure possessed the same quality, but she didn't acknowledge it.

"thats bam, andre, anthony, kendrick, and tyler," he says, pointing at each of them individually. they all matter something similar to a 'whats up'.

azure gives them all a small smile and a wave, and when she reaches the last boy, the white boy named tyler, he gives her a look that makes her have to quickly look away, and if she was lightskin her face would be beet red.

the guy next to tyler, kendrick, nudges his friend in the side after seeing the exchange between azure and tyler. "she's fine as hell too," he says lowly, but she wouldn't have heard him if he spoke in his normal voice because of the music.

"i know right. i'm about to bag her like some groceries," tyler responds, checking out azure who intentionally avoids looking in his direction.

"that's all you, my man," kendrick says, encouraging his friend to shoot his shot.

tyler came to this function looking for a good time, and he was about to leave a happy man if things went according to his plan.

——

A/N: i love tyler sm!

hope you like this, vote and comment!

thank you!