Chapter 15: Zedia Wallquinn

Start from the beginning

Her words making Lisya's bewildered, "What?! Why?!" Then, a scary thought just passed her mind, her mouth tremble. She close her eyes and shake her head refuse to think and hear further. "No! No! I'm gonna let you out right now!"

But Zedia place both of her hands to Lisya's cheeks, calming her down. "Calm down, it's okay."

Tears escape her eye lids, "It's not fine!"

Zedia pull her into her embrace with the steel cell in-between little barrier. "Yeah, stupid words." After a long silence, she slowly move away and have their heads touch at the forehead, "Make sure my baby is safe, okay?"

Trying her best not to burst into tears again, she ask with a pitiful expression, begging for her to give her the answer. "But why?! Why can't you to that yourself?!!"

This time, her voice were too loud and the guards who heard her voice come rushing to the location. "There's someone there!" A voice of one of the dungeon guards echo through the brick walls.

Both of them realize that, Zedia put on a smile and give her a push. "Go."

Lisya hesitate, "But-!"

But Zedia cut her words, " A few more second and they will capture you too." She seem to wanted to say something but stop a bit. But she eventually let it out of her mouth; "Tell Merrie her mommy loves her."

Lisya bite her lips, unwillingness was written all over her face, but even so, she force herself to flee.

-

Is this what they mean when they say "life flashes before your eyes when your time has come"?

If so, it's full of guilt a regret. One to many time did she remind me to protect Merrie, but I fail.

I should've have tell Merrie her words earlier, but instead I told her after it almost been too late.

I was angry. Angry that she never clearly told us anything; angry that she broke her promise -and angry at Merrie being the reason that the person I admire and the person I see as a mother- figure and our saviour, died.

Wellin, the Rosalind head butler. Maybe the reason I chased after him is that I see myself in him, blaming a child for something she hasn't done. And that also a mistake as well.

I knew from the start that I put my feelings in a way of the truth, I too would risk my life for Liam well-being.

Liam...

*Clang*!

A sound of sword bounce from the ground, radiant light fill the hallow room. "As I thought..."

Ladia, Allen, Lisya and Liam instantly raise their head to the familiar voice that they knew too well that they would never mistaken whose voice is it.

Ladia having mixed emotion with her sudden appearance; happiness, anger, longing, and other emotions that were too complicated that she doesn't understand. She move her hand to cover her mouth in disbelief, "..sister,"

But Allen knew exactly what he felt, both of his brows almost touch with his hand tight up to a fist. "You." His word are fill with hatred, he stop because he knew, he might not be able to hold his anger.

Liam smile disappeared as soon as he heard the words "sister" from a person he barely know for the person he knew all his life. As if looking for an answer, he look at Lisya, from her expression it seems like she already knew.

He frown.

Zedia's figure was see through, she only appear where the light illuminates but not just any light, but the light that flash from the necklace that Merrie wear.