Chapter 11 - Danger on the Express

Start from the beginning

"Do you honestly think that Voldemort will let me live after I somehow stopped him as a baby, in our first year, closed the chamber in our second year, and escaped from him at his rebirth?" Harry paused, cocking his head.

"At that absolute least, his pride would demand I be killed. Who would follow a master who lost to the same person in every conflict since they were a baby?" He asked, and his friends wore grudging expressions of understanding. Though they remained silent, working through his words.

"I believe in Harry Potter, and if I were Voldemort, I would stop at nothing to kill you. Well that and get the Ministry of Magic's Heliopaths under my control." A dreamy voice came from the door to the compartment.

Harry stared at the girl who spoke, standing in the compartment's doorway. She looked a little younger than them with long wavy blonde hair and wide blue eyes. She had multi coloured glasses perched on her head, holding her fringe and an odd necklace around her neck.

Harry cocked his head, having to admit that the girl was cute in a quirky sort of way.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for believing me, what's your name?" Harry asked, a small grin on his face at the odd spaced out looking girl.

"Oh, I'm Luna Lovegood. How rude of me." She replied in the same dreamy voice as before.

Harry noticed Ron blink, gathering his wits before he spoke.

"Just leave us alone, we don't want to hear all about your weird creatures Loony." Ron glared at the girls whose face crumplied at his words.

"Ron. Don't." Harry growled and his friends stopped and started as Luna turned her wide eyes to Harry, shock written in them.

Harry glared at a shocked Ron for a moment before turning to look at Luna with a soft smile on his face.

"I'm sorry for Ron's rudeness. It is very nice to meet you, won't you join us? I'm Harry." He said, patting the spot beside him.

"I know." The odd girl said as she took the offered spot beside Harry.

Harry stared at the strange girl for a moment before giving an internal shrug and ran with the random encounter.

"So, how was your holiday Luna?" Harry asked, feeling the stars and the surprised expressions of his friends. But he ignored them, unwilling to send the girl away.

His eyes narrowed as he felt a sense of sadness from her, was it a part of his magic sensing ability?

'That is correct, young one, you are sensing the girl's magic, without seeing it. Her magic is giving boss a feeling of sadness, because that is her emotional state right now.' Godric's voice drifted into his mind and he gave the smallest of nods as he waited for her response.

"Oh yes, daddy and I went to Sweden to search for the crumple-horned snorkack." Luna shipped with a grin.

Harry blinked.

"A crumpled horn, what now?" Harry asked, ignoring the clenched jaw of Ron sitting across from him.

Luna cocked her head and gave a dreamy smile.