Chapter 93 ~ Time Heist

After our successful test run, moral and determination couldn't have been higher. We had all gathered in one of the conference rooms, trying to brainstorm the logistics of our 'Time Heist'.

Holograms above Steve displayed all the information we had about each of the Stones. I recognised the necklace Steven Strange wore, the Space Stone in its cube, the fluidity of the Reality Stone and the Mind Stone pictured in Vision's forehead and the sceptre Loki used in New York.

"Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve explained as I leaned back in my chair.

"Try four." I whispered to Nat beside me, earning an amused scoff.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony added.

"Well, I haven't, but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott chirped, looking baffled by the holograms filled with unfamiliar information.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce added, joining Tony and Steve in front of the holograms.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony added.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint chipped in.

"Correct." Tony answered.

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve started, summoning Thor's attention, which, I'm sure will be undivided.

We all turned to look at him, his hand splayed carelessly on his bare stomach, the other holding a can of beer with dark sunglasses covering his drunken eyes. 

He doesn't respond.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked as they stared at him with confusion and I simply rolled my eyes, sinking deeper into my chair and taking a sip from my coffee.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey deadpanned as Thor remained still and unaware.

"Don't give me hope." I scoffed as Tony walked over to Thor, shaking him awake, muttering what was going on as he slowly came around. I just glared as I grew more irritated by his lack of determination. If Father thought I should forgive him, he was dreaming.

The Realty Stone's page appeared behind Thor who was now shuffling in front of us and removed his sunglasses. "Uh, where to start? Um... The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before." He started, slurring as he pointed to Steve, who frowns as he takes the chair next to me.

"Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing..." He poured eyedrops in his eyes as he spoke. "So, someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that."

I glanced around and noticed the discomfort amongst the others, the second-hand embarrassment filling the room.

"Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, and Theia's grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Oooh" He made a spooky noise before laughing to himself, not sparking any amusement from anyone else. Clearly this was one big joke to him. 

I thought I wanted to kill him when he killed Thanos. Now, I want to shove him into an endless ravine.

"Scary beings. So, Jane, actually..." A picture of Jane appeared next to him, and he gestured to her with his sunglasses. "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. Theia? Do you remember Jane?"