Chapter 60 ~ Family Troubles

I had strapped all the armour that still fit me on my body while the others changed into their suits, ready to fight.

We had composed a plan, involving Scott hiding on Steve's shield, so he has someone to help if it gets messy quickly. Wanda and Clint were hiding on the runway waiting for Sam to find where Tony, and whoever he had brought with him, had left their Quinjet. Sam, Bucky and I were hiding inside the terminal of the airport, hoping this would leave me out of the action as much as possible. 

Steve had given me an earpiece so I knew when it was time for me to sneak to the jet. It probably would have been safer for me to stay in Berlin, but I was ready to pop and we didn't want to be apart for when the babies finally decided to come. It also meant I could hear everything that was happening.

We had a plan, and we were going to stick to it. 

Steve started walking on the tarmac, towards the helicopter that Clint had arranged, with Scott on his shield. We all figured that Tony would have realised that was our escape plan and become too preoccupied in stopping us from using it, that he wouldn't notice us stealing their vehicle right in front of their eyes. 

Bucky, Sam and I were all watching through the window of the building that overlooked the runway, waiting for Tony, and whatever team he had assembled, to show themselves.

Steve was nearing the helicopter when an electrical device landed on it, causing the helicopter to malfunction. Sparks flew from the roof of it, deeming it useless, which was part of the plan.

We looked up and saw Tony, clad in his Iron Man suit, flying towards Steve. Rhodey was following behind in his War Machine suit. They landed dramatically in front of him.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" He sarcastically asked Rhodey as he removed the face piece of his suit, revealing some nasty bruises from what I can only assume came from the Winter Soldier.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey responded just as sarcastically. He left his mask on, indicating he was prepared to fight, and not deal with this using words, which was unlikely anyway.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tried to convince Tony and as he finished, a black figure jumped out of nowhere. It was a man dressed in an all-black suit with features that gave the appearance of a big cat. 

"Captain." The man growled at Steve with a voice that I recognised but it had much more hatred and rage than the last time I heard it. 

"Your Highness." Steve bowed his head a little bit at what must have been T'Challa. Tony was right. He did have a very interesting alter-ego. 

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asked Steve as he casually walked past Rhodey who continued to look menacing in his suit. 

"You're after the wrong guy." Steve stood his ground. I would not like to be caught between their eye line as I think the tension would cause me to instantly combust. 

"Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Tony glared at Steve, really hoping he would give in and give up the fight. 

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." Steve warned Tony.

"Steve..." Nat muttered from behind him. I knew that, out of anyone here, she didn't want to fight. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one? Ross said that if we didn't get you in, he wouldn't give you any mercy. He didn't care that Theia is pregnant. He will shoot. Just come with us and she'll be fine." She warned him, and chills ran down my spine at the thought of Ross sending his goons to try and kill me and my babies.