Chapter 79 ~ The Beginnings of a Plan

After everyone realised that we were all fighting the same enemy, we vacated the ship and gathered outside.

Peter was supporting Maja as she fake limped out of the ship. There was no way she had sustained an injury during that fight. The only falling she participated in was asleep.

I could tell she was enjoying his attention and that he was just looking for an opportunity to help her and show off his strength. I just couldn't wait to tease her about it later.

Steven had stormed off on his own and began a sort of meditation, away from the group, hovering in the air with his eyes shut tight. The rest of us were supposed to come up with some sort of plan.

"The hell happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Quill remarked, holding up a yellow device that gave him that information while Mantis used the lack of gravity to jump up and down.

"We can try and use that to our advantage." I sighed, picking a rogue web from my armour as Tony surveyed the potential battleground.

"Yeah, well we have another advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan." He announced, trying to get everyone to gather and listen. "Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't want to dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet."

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Drax yawning during Tony's speech. I figured that wouldn't go down well with Tony. Maja, now sat down on a rock, rubbing her uninjured ankle, looked apprehensive about Tony's simple plan.

"Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?" Tony snapped at Drax as he looked completely unbothered.

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan'. You're like her. Needing a plan." Drax scoffed.

"Hey! Says the person who neglected our plan and lost Gamora and the Reality Stone!" I sassed, earning a huff from Drax in response.

"Okay, Mr Clean is on his own page." Tony interjected, dismissing Drax, which, right now, seemed like a decent idea.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." Quill explained, making his team look pretty inferior to the Avengers.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asked while Mantis stepped next to Drax, stopping her hopping.

"Kick names, take ass." She answered proudly, earning a deep sigh from Tony, Maja and Peter while I tried not to cringe.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax supported quietly.

Tony stared ahead, trying to figure out a way to make this situation less hopeless. "All right, just get over here, please. Mr Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" He asked desperately with a sigh.

"'Mr Lord'? Star Lord is fine." Quill muttered before calling Mantis and Drax, who reluctantly wandered over.

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude..." Tony started.

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good." Quill interrupted as he tried to fight for leadership.

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax urged.

"What dance-off?" Tony asked, sounding outraged that that was even a thing.

"It's nothing." Quill stammered, embarrassed that it had brought it up.

"Like in Footloose, the movie?" Peter guessed with a hint of amusement in his voice and sparking confusion in Maja