Chapter 31 ~ Fall of S.H.I.E.L.D

After figuring out how to make the water really hot, I cleansed my body of the bad aroma that the nightmare left on my skin. I got out ten minutes later, feeling 100 times better.

I changed into one of my day dresses and sat down at the desks and decided to order some clothes, like Pepper and Dominic recommended. I typed in the websites, very slowly as I got used to the computer. I clicked through the clothes and put a few in 'the basket' guessing my sizes. I chose a few sets of outfits that were for chilling, a few for going to the gym and some more nightdresses as I only have the one.

Happy with my choices, I went to check out but found that it was already ordered. I had no idea what that meant but guessed that someone had done my work for me.

The sun was now blasting the room, making it really warm, so I decided I would go and visit Tony in the lab and see if Bruce or anyone else was around. I left the room with my key card in my pocket, got in the elevator and pressed the top button.

The doors opened up and revealed an empty lab. I crept in, unsure if I was authorised to be in there. As I walked further into the room, I started to hear Tony's voice. I looked over the balcony and saw a seating area down below. Tony was led on a sofa as he faced the ceiling with his eyes shut and Bruce was sat on a chair nearby, his head in his hands.

"You know, and thank you by the way. For listening. Plus, something about just getting it off my chest, and putting it out there in the atmosphere, instead of holding this in... I mean, this is what gets people sick, you know. Wow, I had no idea you were such a good listener. To be able to share all my intimate thoughts and my experiences with someone, it just cuts the weight of it in half. You know, it's like a snake swallowing its own tail. Everything comes full circle." Tony was ranting to what looked like an asleep Bruce.

Bruce's head lolled to the side a little and he dropped his glasses, waking him up. I don't think that either of them had noticed my presence yet and I didn't want to startle them so waited for an appropriate entrance.

"And the fact that you've been able to help me process..." Tony stopped at the realisation that Bruce had actually been asleep the whole time. Bruce tried to act casual as Tony glared at him. "Are you with me?"

"Sorry... I was, yeah. We were at, uh..." Bruce stammered as he tried to recover himself.

"Are you actively napping?" Tony asked him, clearly agitated.

"I was...I... I drifted."

"Where did I lose you?"

"Elevator in Switzerland." Bruce explained as Tony rolled his eyes, getting more annoyed.

"So, you heard none of it." Tony sighed as he realised he must have been talking to himself for quite some time.

I decided now was a good time to announce my presence. I cleared my throat and the boys looked up at me. "Tony, I think you have enough money to talk to a professional therapist." I jumped in as I climbed down the stairs to their level.

"Do you enjoy listening in on private conversations?" Tony snarked as he leaned forward from the sofa.

"There would be no need for a private conversation if you spoke to a professional, she's right. Nice to see you again, Theia." Bruce stammered as he nodded to me, and I nodded back as I sat down in a chair next to him. "I'm sorry, Tony. I'm not that kind of doctor. I'm not a therapist. It's not my training."

"So?" Tony asked.

"I don't have the-"

"What? The time?"

"Temperament." Bruce explained. That was definitely true.

"You know what? Now that I think about it. Oh! God, my original wound, 1983, all right?" Tony started up again, expecting his audience to listen intently, this time.