Chapter 13 ~ S.H.I.E.L.D

I kept floating in and out of consciousness. I remember seeing Thor aggressively pulling Loki around by his arm and flashes of a man walking over to me and carrying me. I remember being held in someone's arms and being left to lie down on a bed somewhere.

I began to stir as the light crept into my slowly opening eyes. My head hurt. It was throbbing as I surveyed the room I was in. A thin white blanket was draped over my body, covering my blue and gold armour.

I looked up from the bed and saw Steve Rogers sat in a chair in the corner, resting his eyes as he rested his head on his hand. He must have sensed me waking up as he opened his eyes after a few moments of me looking at him.

"Good, you're awake." He said as he slowly stood up, stretching his arms over his head and walked over to the bottom of the bed. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked as I swung my legs out from under the blanket and saw the bruises on my legs.

"Yes, I do. That's one strong shield you've got." I replied as I leant forward to sit up. The blood rushed from my head, and I became incredibly dizzy making me fall back a bit but Steve Rogers put his hands on my shoulders to steady me. I looked up at him, seeing him in the light for the first time. His electric blue eyes hypnotised me as I studied his perfectly sculpted face. We stared into each others eye's for a few moments before something interrupted us.

Thor popped his blonde head around the corner of the open door, catching us looking into each other's eyes. He quickly made it awkward by coughing dryly to announce his presence.

We broke out of our trance and looked to Thor who still looked filled with fury. "Loki is being taken to his cell and we have been asked to go watch his interrogation." He grunted as he raised an eyebrow at me, making me blush slightly.

"Yes, I'll be there right away. Steve Rogers was just helping me up." I said as he pulled me up to standing, our hands brushing past each other sending chills down my spine, as I turned to face Thor.

"Steve. Just Steve, I mean you can call me Steve if you would like to." He stammered as his eyes flitted from Thor to me and back again. Thor kept his hardened expression as he watched the visibly awkward scene unfold.

I smiled at Steve, trying to defuse the tension. "Come on, let's find out where the Tesseract is and sort this whole situation out." I chimed in smiling away the awkwardness as I followed Thor, with Steve beside me, our strides linking up as we marched down the corridors. I had no idea where we were, but Thor seemed to be ok with it and I trusted him, so I was sure we were fine.

We entered a large room with many working people at desks with screens, I had never encountered anything like it. I looked past the people and saw massive glass windows looking out over the clouds. The clouds? Were we in the air? Was this a ship?

I looked around the large table that Steve had sat down at, I recognised the redhead pilot from before, her green eyes scanning me as she tossed her striking scarlet hair out of her face. There was only one person around the table I didn't recognise, he was a medium height man with dark brown, slightly greying, hair. He was wearing glasses and a purple shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons undone. He looked like a kind man but gave off the impression he didn't really want to be there. He was shifting around nervously before walking over to me and sticking his hand out in greeting.

I shook his hand firmly. "Dr Bruce Banner, nice to meet you, I can't believe that you two are actually real people." He gestured to me and Thor, "I mean I listened to stories about you when I was a kid. You guys are literal legends."

"Well, thank you, I had no idea the people of Midgard knew so much about us." I laughed awkwardly at the conversation being based off Thor and myself. I looked over at the redhead who was pressing a screen embedded into the table, she glanced up at me too, to introduce herself.