Chapter 74 ~ King Thor

We remained standing at the window until even the smallest fleck of Asgard drifted out of sight. 

Thor was the first to leave as he stomped off to find a room to himself. Hopefully he would clean up his bloody eye because it was really nasty to look at. 

Soon the others followed him, dispersing across the ship to check on the wellbeing of the passengers.

The only other person that stayed nearby was Hulk, who, since the last time I had seen him on Earth, had become a little more human in his enormous green rage monster form. 

He was slumped on the step, rubbing his giant fingers on a deep hole in his leg.

"I'm a little scared to hug you, but I have to say how great it is to see you, Bruce." I chimed as I sat nearby, but not too close, still a little scared he might throw a punch in the wrong direction.

"No Banner. Only Hulk." He grunted with a low growl.

"Sorry big guy, I'll try not to mention him. Even if I desperately wanted to tell him how excited a particular person would be to see him." I tried to coax him into thinking about Nat, hoping that it would potentially trigger a transformation into the real Bruce Banner.

"No Earth. Earth hate Hulk." He grumbled.

I guess that Hulk's last memory of Earth was Sokovia and during that time, the news certainly wasn't kind to the Hulk after his destruction in Johannesburg.

"Well, sorry because you don't have a choice. I will steer this ship to Earth if it means going on the outside and doing it manually. I need to get home." I informed him with determination.

"Captain America?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow, interested but still grumpy as ever.

"Yes. I guess you've missed out on a few chapters but as long as you don't smash my kids, it will be fine. I'm sure Nat wouldn't mind if you smashed her though." I laughed quite loudly, proud of my play on words.

"Smash you!" He raged causing a few surrounding Asgardians to look at him in fear. I smiled at them to let them know it was alright before hopping up from the step.

"I think we've had enough smashing for today, don't you?" I chuckled as I walked away from him, carving my way through the people scattered across the floor.

Once out of the main hall, I found a small staircase in a corridor and plopped myself down on the second lowest step. 

My face instantly fell into my hands as I squeezed my face, not allowing my exhaustion to take over. I knew I needed a good sleep at some point but I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep yet. 

After taking a deep breath that I hoped would cause a burst of fresh energy, I peeled my face from my palms and looked up and my heart jumped out of my chest as I saw Loki leaning against the wall just in front of me.

"Oh my God! Don't do that! I'm honestly sick of your tricks... Wait..." I started, before his presence was joined by the feeling of the power of the Tesseract. 

That little shit.

He started shifting his weight awkwardly as he tried to look innocent; a look that didn't suit him. 

"Do you really think that was a good idea?" I asked sternly with a knowing look.

"Scaring you? Yes." He answered awkwardly as I shook my head. "Killing our sister? Um, yes! Didn't you meet her?" He scrambled, avoiding admitting taking the Tesseract with him.

"I'm not talking about that." I raised my eyebrows knowingly while tilting my head to the side.

"What do you mean?" Loki spluttered while crossing his arms over his chest defensively.