Chapter 42: Lacey

Flashback

Rumpelstiltskin, Callie and Belle were in the dining room, Rumpelstiltskin was sharpening the tools that he planned to use to kill the thief with, "I'll try not to be too loud. Can't promise the same courtesy from our prisoner," He walked out of the room and Callie and Belle had their eyes in a book each, "CALLIE!!!" He stormed back into the room, "Where is he?!" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Gone. I let him go," Callie said.

"What? He was a thief and tried to kill Priscilla," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Which doesn't give you the right to kill him," Callie said.

"It gives me every right. Oh, let me guess. You think he's a hero? Stealing from me for some noble cause? You both read too many books, dearie! There," He waved his hand, making the books disappear from their hands, "Maybe that'll stop filling your heads with poisonous thoughts!" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"We didn't free him because of what we read in my books. We saw good in him. That man only wanted to escape with his life," Belle said.

"Oh, is that what you both thought? Our thief escaped with more than his life," He was looking at something and Belle and Callie turned to see the wand was missing from the cabinet, "You were tricked, you foolish, gullible girls!" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"There must be an explanation. We don't know why he needed that wand," Belle said.

"He took the wand because he wanted magic! People who steal magic never have good intentions!" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"No! No! You can't tell what's in a person's heart until you truly know them," Belle said.

"Oh, we'll see what's in his heart, alright. When I shoot an arrow straight through it. And because I am a showman, it'll be with his bow," He made the thief's bow appear, "And because this is your faults, you two get to come with me and watch, and know, as the blood drips from his carcass, it will be you two and your rags to wipe it up," Rumpelstiltskin said.

End of Flashback

David and Mr Gold walked into the Rabbit Hole bar and saw Lacey and Keith talking at the bar as Lacey was downing her shots, "Another round for the lady," Keith looked at her, "I've had my eye on you for a while," Keith said.

"Thank you. Not my type, bye now," Lacey said.

Mr Gold and David observed them from a distance, "You might want to wait outside," Mr Gold said to David.

"Yeah, yeah. Bad idea... You sure she's cursed?" He saw as Lacey downed another shot, "Ah, I see it now," They saw Keith walking away from Lacey and the bar, "Come on," David said. 

Mr Gold approached Lacey as David sat near them but kept his distance, Mr Gold took a seat beside Lacey, "Huh?" She looked at him, "Mr Gold. You're... Uh... You're back," Lacey said.

"As are you," Mr Gold said.

"Well, what can I say? Love the ambience," She took another drink and turned around as the music changed, "What the bloody hell is that? Let's get some Panama goin' on in here," She slipped off her barstool and looked at him, "You..." She looked him up and down and smirked a little, "You like Van Halen? You're a Hagar man, aren't you? Huh?" Lacey said and walked away towards the jukebox.