Chapter 31: Manhatten

Flashback

Milah was weaving in her home when she heard a human Rumpelstiltskin's voice through the door, "Milah?" He walked into the house, "Milah," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I'm nearly finished," Milah said.

"Oh, you learn quickly," Rumpelstiltskin said as he walked to her.

"I have a good teacher," She smiled and they kissed, "What is it? What brings you home so early?" Milah asked.

"Milah... My weaving days are behind us. I've been called to the front," Rumpelstiltskin said and he shows her a paper reading Rumpelstiltskin, you have been drafted into the king's army.

Milah looked shocked, "The Ogres War," Milah said.

"I report for training in the morning," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"No, Rumpel, I've heard the stories. The front, it's a brutal place," Milah said.

"Oh, Milah... I...I know, I know. I...I can't say that I...I won't be frightened. But... But this is the chance I've been waiting for... All my life. You know, I've lived under the shadow of my father's actions for too long now," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Just because your father was a coward, it doesn't mean you are," Milah said.

"Oh, I know that. As you do. But to the world? Fighting in this war finally gives me the chance to prove that to everyone else," Rumpelstiltskin said.

She had tears in her eyes and nodded, "Go. Be brave. Fight honourably," Milah said.

"Oh, God, I love you," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I love you, too. When you return, we can start living the life we've always dreamed of," Milah said.

"Yeah," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"We can have a family," Milah said.

"A family," Rumpelstiltskin said with a smile.

End of Flashback

New York...

Emma, Elaine, Katy, Julia, Henry, Gaye and Mr Gold arrived at an apartment building in New York via taxi and they got out, looking at the building in front of them. Emma looked at Faye and Mr Gold, "What's wrong? This the right place?" Emma asked.

"Yes, it is," Mr Gold said.

"Let us guess. He's not expecting a family reunion," Katy folded her arms as she looked at them and Faye shook her head, "Well, who doesn't love a surprise?" Katy said and they walked into the building.

Storybrooke...

At Regina's house, inside Regina's room, Regina was attempting to hide her tears as Cora walked out of the bathroom, dressed in one of Regina's pantsuits and she noticed her daughter in tears, "What is it, sweetie?" Cora asked as she sat beside her.

"It's Henry, Julia and Katy. Elaine's left town with Gold, Emma and Fate, and she took them with her," Regina said.

"And you didn't stop them?" Cora questioned.