𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐒

Start from the beginning

Remus Lupin was willing to bet he had never been as miserable as he was feeling now since his first transformation 13 years ago.

And Callisto Claire?

She had shed every single tear she had that night. The Amortentia probably didn't help because when she started, she couldn't stop until she felt Madame Pomfrey rubbing her shoulder soothingly as the muggle tranquilizer entered her bloodstream. Poor woman had gone through it that night. Callisto had made sure to leave a bar of chocolate on her desk the next day along with two vials of cleaning solution just for the trouble she must have caused.

After that, she couldn't bring herself to cry. She felt the pain very deep in her heart, her chest always feeling heavy, but she couldn't express it. And then, there was anger. Anger at the way he had treated her and his excuses that could only be described as pathetic. She had really fallen for him, and all he did was lie to her. She would have been just fine with him not liking her, but he had to lie. And all that for what?

For pleasure.

It was quite ironic, really, that she felt like that. She was the one that was supposed to be using people left and right for nothing more but some time of pleasure. She had done it in the past, and she guessed that was just retribution for all the people she had hurt.

Honestly, she didn't feel bad for hurting them. She hadn't made them fall in love with her, and they all knew she would never stay. But him? She had wanted to stay every time by his side, watching as the morning sun illuminated the silver scars on his face and made the specs of gold in his eyes brighter. She wanted to hear every single thought that was rushing through his head, no matter how random or significant. She wanted all of him, all the time.

Yes, she had left, like she had done with every other person she had fooled around with, even though it was the first time she had wanted to stay.
Callisto really didn't want to fool around anymore. She found it hard when Remus was so addictive. Everything about him was appealing; from the way he scrunched his nose up whenever she'd smoke around him, to the way his fingers gently buttoned up her shirt as she'd try to look at anywhere but him. Remus Lupin was like no other person she had ever met. He made her feel so many emotions all at once, and no matter how much it annoyed her, it made her heart speed up like crazy.

None of that mattered anymore though, because when it came down to it, he had been the one to reject her.

~ ~ ~

"You want me to be the commentator?" Callisto asked, looking up from the dried rat tails in front of her. "Professor, all due respect, are you mad?"

"Quite the opposite, Miss Claire." Slughorn laughed. "You know the Durmstrang players and the last thing we'd want would be to mispronounce someone's name."

Callisto frowned, not really knowing whether she was up for the task, "Okay, I will do it."

"Perfect!"

"But," She mused with an innocent smile. "You wouldn't possibly mind me lighting a cigarette in here, right? All in the name of good sportsmanship and whatnot."

"True Slytherin, aren't you, Miss Claire?" He laughed, motioning for her to go ahead. Callisto placed the cigarette between her lips and lit it up, sending him a cheery smile.

"A pleasure to be doing business with you, Horace."

"So, did you figure out the wolfsbane quantity?" The man asked, looking up from the series of diagrams she had left in his office. "I see a lot of x marks here."