She turned around to find nothing but air and trees around her. She turned back to the wolf for a solution. Right at that moment, the wolf dashed off the roof into its cave. Denise knew that she wasn't ready to face off whatever it was alone so she directly ran towards the cave.

Barely had she touched the stone at the entrance when a sound between a growl and a bark greeted her. She froze in her steps immediately. It was getting colder.

"You have to let me in," she said, sounding more desperate than she expected.

She saw his silver eyes gleam in the dark with hostile animosity. The atmosphere around him was more unfriendly, more feral than before.

"Please help," she called out but didn't dare to step forward.

He growled fiercely at her. She knew that he didn't want her anywhere next to his cave and that he wasn't going to give into her pleas. The longer she stayed, the more he growled but he didn't make an attempt to step out of the cave.

It had Denise thinking that whatever was in the cave had to be extremely precious. If she were able to get it, maybe the tables would turn in her favor. But whatever it was, there was no way of getting it when the wolf was at home. Denise thought fact that he didn't step out meant that the cave was safe. Maybe the cave had some fog repelling capabilities.

She kept those thoughts for later. She knew that he wasn't going to bend and the longer she stayed, the worse her situation. It was best if she tried finding her own shelter.

Just like that, she turned and started running through the forest. She hadn't come across a cave before but anywhere she would find cover would do. If she could close the entrance, it would completely block off the fog. As for its companion ... .

As she ran, the temperature dropped at an alarming rate. The breath she heaved out of her mouth started to form clouds. She heard the wind rustle through the leaves of the trees and felt something wet hit her back. Another drop of wetness followed and soon the whole army came down.

As she ran, her eyes happened upon her blouse, that she found severely stained black. She didn't wonder for long before she saw a drop of rain on her arm. It was black in color and shone with the gleam of a polished pearl. It also appeared more spherical than the rain she was used to even after landing. Although it looked as hard as pearls, it was just like water.

Denise felt an even deeper urgency to find an enclosure so she ran faster.

Just as the weather seemed to be turning for the worse, it suddenly stopped. The sun shone brightly through the leaves and the cold disappeared, leaving behind all the world's warmth.

"Shit!" Denise cursed, "Fuck! Fucking fuck. Shit."

There was something wrong. Between the running wolf and the quick black rain, she wasn't buying that the sun had anything good in store for her.

She ran left and right, the sun remained shining for a good amount of time. She was unconsciously beginning to relax a little. That was until she noticed the small deposits of white all over. On the ground, on tree barks and even on her skin where the small white dots.

She felt her skin crawl at the sight of it. She had no idea when they appeared  or how they got onto her without her notice. Frantically, she tried to rub them off her skin. They got off really easily and floated to the ground gracefully, like they meant no harm. Those deposits then started to puff up then explode into what appeared to be white powder

Fear laid its bed in her heart, sprouting firm roots for the first time.

(A/N; I imagined fear fight for a the biggest bed with the other emotions and win. Then get its personal bedsheet and calmly, no harm intended, lay the bed)

Her mind was exploding with the fact that whatever it was, it could be poisonous. She tried to not breath in too much. As she ran, she noticed the white powder sip onto the forest floor and spread around evenly forming a ankle-high coat that looked quite familiar to fog.

In the light of all those revelations, she spotted a huge tree with a gaping hole in it. It was only a short distance from her and a little off the ground which was perfect. No sooner had she seen the hole in the tree than she started searching for a leaf or anything that could cover it up properly.

She quickly came across sizable leaves but needed something to keep it closed. Plus, the leaves could keep out the fog but she would need something stronger for the companion.

The fog had grown to reach her knees. It had a thick milky color making it hard for her to see through it but she managed to find a rock. She used all her might to partly pick it up and partly drag it to the tree hole. It was then that darkness quickly started to cover everything around her.

It was nothing like a dimming light that slowly descends. It was set in such a way that at any point during the transfer, there was a clear line light and darkness.

A/N;
This book is getting slower than I anticipated.

This author forgot to celebrate world AIDS day. 1 December. It always skips my mind.

Statistics show that the number of new HIV cases increased by 1.5 million in the year 2020. 37 million of adults aged 15 and above are living with HIV. 1.7 million accounts for those 0-14 years. 79% female adults (15 and above) access antiretroviral medicines in contrast to the 68% of males. 74% of adults (15 and above) access to medication while only 54% of infants do.

Every week, about 5000 women and girls between 15-24 are infected with HIV. Women who experience sexual abuse are 1.5 times more likely to contact the virus.  53% of the people living with the virus are women and girls. 63% of newly infected were the women and girls of sub Saharan Africa.

Stay safe. Keep your partner safe.
If someone loves you, they shouldn't hesitate to put a roof over their heads. And no, it's not a sign of lacking masculinity. It's a sign of great intelligence- and personally, I don't think anything gets hotter than that.

Use protection. Go for regular testing. (6.1 million people didn't know that they were living with HIV in 2020) Lastly, one partner = a better immune system.

⚠️ AIDS DAY IS COMMEMORATED TO SUPPORT THOSE THAT ARE LIVING WITH THE DISEASE AND TO REMEMBER THOSE THAT PASSED ON. IT'S NOT A CAUSE FOR BULLYING OR SOCIAL REJECTION. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE SUFFERING FROM THE VIRUS PLEASE SHOW THEM SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO TAKE THEIR MEDICINE. Show some love. If your are suffering from the virus- Hwaiting, good warrior. Let's fight against the virus together.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the support you've shown me

I can't thank you guys enough for all the support you've shown me. Although I tend to be extremely greedy, I appreciate every single effort you put into looking at my work. Thank you so much. If thank you all personally but I don't want to seem like a bother. You all seriously make my days brighter. Thank you.

Note; friendly reminder. Please add this book to your library so that you can get notifications. Or you can show your support by tapping that star. All forms of support are deeply appreciated. Tysm tysm. Kisses-muah!