Marriage

"You are looking gorgeous!! Just perfect for my Radhey" said Radha ma keeping her hand on my chin, I smiled at her...

I looked at my reflection... I had worn a red lehenga with golden embroidery and with some light jewelry...

I am going to marry today... everything is just happening really fast... I am feeling really nervous... Will I be able to handle everything... My mind was just full of thoughts...

Then I saw someone's reflection in the mirror... I smile appeared on my lips... cause it was Dushala!!

"Jiji..." she hugged me... "I am really very happy for you!!"

I chuckled

"Jiji why are you marrying in this Village... you are going to be the Queen of Anga..."

"No Dushala... I am going to be Radhey's Wife, not a queen and we are marrying here because...this place is close to our heart... there are many memories... you know right?"

"So now let's go..."

"Where?"

"Jiji... don't you want to marry today?? Pandit Ji is calling you... or you want Bhrata Karna to take you to the mandap" she held my wrist

" This soon... but I am... still feeling nervous"

"Ohh... Jiji... why so stressed?? You are looking gorgeous!!!..." she cheered me but... Uhh but still!! I am nervous...

Then Megha came and told that Pandit Ji is calling the bride... "Urvi... let's go..." she held my hand and now I didn't have any choice so I just followed her...

My heart was beating fast... my legs were trembling but somehow I calmed myself... the decorations were really beautiful... Rajkumar Duryodhan, Bhrata Ashwathama was also there!!...

Everyone was smiling seeing the bride...me... coming but I didn't make an eye connect with anyone... and went towards the mandap, beside Radhey... he was looking like sun...

I still remember during the ritual of Haldi, some ladies... were admiring him and I heard them giggling "No need to apply turmeric he is himself more golden the this..."... they don't have any work other than this!!

I just came out of my hand as the pandit started chanting the mantras.... And now it was the time of Kanyadaan... only I knew how much I missed him at that time...but Bhratashree was with me he did the Kanyadaan... I looked at him my heart ached at the thought I have to leave him... every girl has to face this!

And now... Panigrahana... we hold each other's hand near fire signifying impending union...

We stood up as it was time to take seven steps around the fire with each step including a set of mutual vows...

These vows are nothing but the seven promises of love of two souls ............

We have to understand the meaning of these vows to bring love, peace, and harmony to life

"with God as our guide, let us take the first step to live with honor and respect. Let us walk together, so we get the food"

"Let us be happy and enjoy life. Let us walk together, so we grow together in strength"

"Let us share joys and pains together. Let us walk together, so we get wealth"

"Let us not forget our parents and elders. Let us walk together, so we get happiness by sharing our joys and sorrows"

"Let us observe all acts of charity. Let us walk together, so we have a family"

"Let us live a long and peaceful life. Let us walk together, so we have joy"

"Let us be friends with love and sacrifice. Let us walk together, so we have a friendship"

Everyone showered flowers on us... Then he placed sindur on my hairline...and chudamani on my head and Mangal sutra around my neck...

Now we are married...we have tied ourselves in this pure relationship!!...'

We took blessings from elders... "Now... my Karna is married... I wish all the happiness in this world for you both..."

"Ma... I am still Radhey and will always be" he said

What a great person he is!! I was feeling really happy and fortunate person have him as my husband... as the owner of my soul...

There was some time for the sun to disappear...

He took my hand... our hands would be true companions forever in all the difficulties we will face in this world!!...

********

Many things and rituals happened... but we don't remember everything but some incidents and moments are so special for us that we remember them till death...

And one of those memorable things was the first night... I was too excited as I wanted to gift him something special...