2

THEN

One of the things she hates growing up is updating about life over dinner. Her mom thinks this is the best way to keep up with her children's life outside home, Ro thinks otherwise.

"Good to know that you're enjoying your first week on college, Rob. How about you Ro? How's school?" her mom gave her a smile. Ro looks at her family, Robert was asked earlier before Ro perhaps that's why he's not listening anymore.

Ro loves that she has two older brothers because that means they will be the first one to be checked by mom.

Ronald is the oldest, he's currently a senior on Charlestown. His hair is naturally curly. He always reminds me of the crystal ivory stone because of his skin. And he always had that gorgeous ocean like eyes, downturned eye in shape. While Robert is almost the same as him, but he is not that curlier than Ronald. His eyes were like the sard gem, 3 years older than Ro, who's currently a freshman on Kingsville. From time to time, Ronald stays at his apartment, but there are days wherein he stays at home.

Although, Ro has a long way to go, their mom makes sure she's ready for college. Overacting, right?

"It's fine Mom. Same as always." She smiled at her mom but deep inside, she's screaming. Ro knows she'll have a follow up question.

"Any update on your career fair? I think your school will hold it next week."

"Still working on it Mom. I have my own sched for that." Her mom just nodded. This wasn't her mom expected, but for now, it is enough.

She almost hushes thank you to God when their mom became silent and didn't ask for a follow-up question.

Ronald carried the dinner by his rants about his last year on college. Hearing him makes Ro excited and scared. A lot of people said, real life happens during college. All throughout her high school life, she was always planning. But as year 10 comes, she cannot find herself writing anything about college. She has no idea what to do or to pursue for the higher education.

So, what she said earlier with her mom is a lie. She doesn't have any idea what she would do in career fair.

Dinner was finished, Ro was assigned to take care of the dishes. She watched her brothers go upstairs.

She and her mom were left to fix the table. While Ro is washing the dishes, her mom talked.

"I was given a word of your adviser about the big project. It will be assigned to year 10 batch. Why don't you ask her about it Ro?" she stopped rinsing the plates, she turn her head sideways to take a glimpse on her mom. There's no harm in trying, Ro. That's the voice of her mom ringing through her head.

"Sure, mom. I will."