No one knew where we had come from or how we had got out there. Whenever we were questioned Jax always said the same thing "I don't know." I never spoke unless it was to Jax and only when I was absolutely sure no one was around.

It wasn't that I was retarded or anything. I just never trusted anyone other than Jax. I will always remember the first time I finally spoke to someone other than Jax. I was 8 years old and I was terrified.

We only lasted a week with the first foster family. I was sleeping when I heard Jax start screaming.

"Get away from her you bastard!"

I opened my eyes and there was Phil standing right next to my bed unzipping his pants, I froze.

Jax didn't hesitate though; he picked up Phil's baseball bat off the floor, ran over, and smacked him in the back of his knees making him drop to the floor. But he didn't stop there. He smacked him across the head and knocked him out cold.

And that's how it went from then on; if anyone ever did anything to me big or small Jax would deal to it and eventually the system had had enough.

We were sitting in the office waiting for Mrs. Hodge, our case manager, to come in and tell us where we would be moving to next and bring in the next sorry couple that thought they could help us. But she walked in alone, sat down at her desk, and tried not to look at us.

"So where are we going miss?" Jax asked looking concerned.

It felt like ages before she spoke and when she did it almost broke my heart.

"I'm sorry Jax but I'm afraid I've been ordered to split you and Stormy up." She replied softly.

"Split us up?" Jax asked confused.

"Yes you will be going to St Michael's school for boys Jax and Stormy will be staying here."

"You can't do that! We have to stay together!" Jax yelled as he jumped out of his chair making it tip over.

"I'm sorry Jax but there's not much I can do considering you and Stormy are not actually related and the trouble we seem to keep having."

"That doesn't matter; she's my sister no matter what the doctor said." He argued back.

"You have different DNA Jax and you can't keep attacking people when you think they are getting close to Stormy, it's just not right. I have tried to keep you two together for as long as I can, but until you change Jax, this is the way it has to be." Mrs Hodge calmly replied

"No." I whispered.

I remember Jax and Mrs Hodge both snapping their heads in my direction and staring at me like I had just sworn or something. But I couldn't be separated from Jax. He was all I had.

"Please don't split us up Mrs. Hodge, I promise Jax won't hurt anyone again please." I begged.

And she didn't, we stayed together. Eventually we moved in with Jake and Sam our new foster parents and it was great. They were the most loving parents we could have asked for. I still live with them, but Jax never really could adjust to family life. He begged my dad to let him rent as soon as he turned sixteen. After a lot of arguments Jax finally won. Jax respected our parents and I knew deep down he loved them, but he never did call them mom or dad. When we first moved in with our parents it was a real struggle for Jax. It was hard for him to let his walls down that he had built up in the two years before we meet them, but I knew that the threat of being separated was the only thing that kept Jax from taking me and running away.

"Stormy!" I heard someone yell breaking my chain of thoughts.

Jax and I stopped walking to see who was calling; it was Kate.

Kate was the first friend I had ever had. She sat next to me in class one day and then I was stuck with her, which was fine by me. Kate was going to the same college as us next year, and would be living in one of the all girl dorms on campus which was only a ten minute drive from my apartment. Jax insisted that I get an apartment instead of staying in the dorms which meant he wouldn't be able to come and go as he pleased and also because of our secret.

"Hey Kate."

"I was hoping to catch you before you went to English. I've got the same so we might as well go together." She said looking at Jax and then blushing.

I turned to Jax and smirked knowing that he would think he was hot shit. Kate has always had a crush on Jax along with every other girl in this school. Of course I was right; Jax knew exactly what I was thinking. He turned to Kate and winked. Kate's face went red so fast I almost started laughing.

"Cool are you nervous?" I asked scooping her arm up with mine.

"A little but I'm sure we'll pass just fine, come on the bells going to go off any minute."

"See you at lunch Storm, and good luck." Jax said before he walked off in the opposite direction.

My English exam went well and by the look on Kate's face when we left, hers did to.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm sure glad that it's over." said Kate.

"Me too, come on lets go." I replied. We walked to our usual table in the cafeteria. Jax was already there when we got there along with his friend Mitchell.

"How'd it go?" I asked Jax when we got to the table.

"Fine." He shrugged.

"Hey I was thinking about your birthday on Friday, what do you want to do?" I asked Jax.

"I don't know yet I haven't decided."

"Well that's perfect, I'll decide for you." I said giving him my biggest smile.

"Oh come on Storm don't go out of your way I'm only turning eighteen, no biggy."

"Yeah right." I snorted. "As if you could get off that easy." I laughed out loud.

"Keen to go throw the ball around Jax?" Mitchell asked nodding to the field. When we looked over you could see the cheerleading practice out on the field; or as I called it the bimbo squad.

"Yeah why not." Jax laughed. "See you after school Storm."

"Perverts." I yelled as they walked away laughing.

"So what are you going to do for Jax's birthday?" Kate asked me.

"I'm not sure yet and it doesn't give me much time to organise much, got any suggestions?"

"How about a small get together down at the surf cafe? Oh and then maybe a bonfire on the beach." Kate suggested excitedly.

"You know what, that sounds perfect, Jax loves the beach."

When last period finally finished I nearly ran out of the classroom. School was so pointless after exams and I'm pretty sure the teachers thought so too. Jax was already waiting at the car by the time I got there.

"Want to go for a run?" Jax asked as I was getting into the car.

"Actually I've got something I need to do tonight, but definitely tomorrow night." I said a little disappointed.

"And what is it exactly that you have to do tonight?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me.

"That is none of your business sunshine." I laughed.

A piece of Kyanite on the side..........>