Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I looked at the time as I headed to my car, 8.30p.m.  Whoa, where did the time go? It was only a twenty minute drive home and the whole time I contemplated whether I should tell Jax about Rex. I knew how he would react; Jax wouldn't let me out of his sight if he knew about Rex especially when I tell him he was a shifter. So I decided against it, I had to see Rex again he's the only shifter besides Jax that I've ever met.  I didn't even know there were others like us. And maybe, just maybe, he knows where Jax and I are from; I have to see him again.

When I walked inside mum and dad were watching TV.

"Hey." I said as I entered the room.

"Hey honey did you get everything sorted, what took you so long?" My mum replied.

"Sure did it's all booked, I ended up staying there for dinner.  Now I'm beat so I'm off to bed. Night mum." I said walking up the stairs to my room. When I walked into my room Jax was lying on my bed playing games on his phone.

"Jax get your shoes off my bed!" I said as I slapped his foot.

"Calm down little sis before I make you say it." He replied laughing.

"Pfftt don't even try it." The next thing I knew I was lying face down on the floor with Jax kneeling over me smirking.

"Say it." He said laughing.

"Never." I replied before elbowing him in the face and making a break for it.

Then boom; I was flat on my back before I even took two steps. Both of my small hands were locked inside Jax's and he was straddling me.

"Say it." There was nothing I could do. I was trapped.

"Jax is the most handsome, cleverest person in the world!" I growled trying not to laugh.

He pulled me up laughing while I spat the words "bastard, fat head," and a lot of other insults at him.

"So where you been anyway? You were gone for ages." Jax asked me once I stopped insulting him.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out."

"All right little sis whatever you say, you know I'll find out anyway. Shall we go for a run?"

"Sure I could do with a run, I thought you would have went already?" I replied casually.

"Nah it's no fun without you sis, I can't kick my own ass in a race." He said with a smirk.

"Bring it." I said as I opened my bedroom window and jumped out of it, landing without even making a noise.

Jax jumped out a second later and then we were off running towards the trees. I jumped and my clothes shredded as I shifted right before we hit the trees and it felt great. My wolf was so glad to be free; I usually try and let my wolf out as much as I can but with studying for exams I didn't have time lately to let her out, and boy was she grouchy.

As I ran through the trees I could feel Jax right on my heels, he was a lot faster than me but I could still keep up with him.  I had an advantage. Compared to Jax my wolf was a lot smaller than his, which meant I could weave under and through trees a lot easier than him. He always jokes about my wolf being so small and says it's cause I'm a girl, but I'm not so sure. I don't have any other wolves to compare him to besides myself, but Jax's wolf is huge.  Sometimes I feel he emanates power, which my wolf fears, especially when he gets mad. It's like my wolf has to please him or obey him when he gets like that, even if I don't want to which is ninety-nine percent of the time.

I could see Jax in the corner of my eye slowly gaining on me so I pushed myself harder to make it to the clearing before he did. Just as I was jumping over a broken tree Jax jumped flying straight over me and took off running kicking dirt in my face as he ran.

"Jerk!" I thought making sure my mind was wide open for him to hear.

"What's a matter sis?  Can't keep up with the big bad wolf?" he laughed.

I could see the clearing up ahead but there was no way I was going to let him win.  I spotted a broken branch up ahead half leaning against another tree so I took my chance. Instead of staying on the path and nipping at his heels I ran straight up the tree branch and jumped with all my might.

Boom! I landed right on top of him as we went tumbling into the clearing, laughing as we rolled to a stop.

"Gotcha." I said rolling onto my stomach.

"I still won." He replied back.

"What? No way did you win; I was right on top off you." I started to growl.

"Exactly, which means my feet were in the clearing and yours weren't." He fired back.

"It was a tie and you know it." I said harshly, before pouncing on Jax's back.

"Admit it." I growled.

"No bloody way, I won fair and square." He said trying to hide the humour in his words.

"Admit it jerk, it was a tie." I said as I bit onto his ear. He yelped and tried to throw me off, but I just bit down harder.

"Okay, okay it was a tie." He said laughter erupting from his body, which sounded like deep growls to the human ear. I jumped off his and flopped down onto my back staring up at the sky.

Just wanted to add a little thanks if you have started reading my book, thanks again Rastalove xoxo