Jax's POV

Jax’s Pov

My head pounded as the faint light from the bulb hanging above my head tried to pierce through my eyelids. I opened my eyes slightly, my vision blurry and my stomach twisting with nausea.  I waited for them to focus before sitting up slowly, my hand automatically going to the pain that was throbbing on my head. I brought my hand back down to my face and growled when the wet sticky blood came into view.

I searched my surroundings for some clue as to where I was and cupped my lips as vomit entered my mouth. Swallowing it down I climbed off the small cot I had been laying on and held onto the concrete wall to my right for support. I felt weak and sick as I stood there swaying on my feet and stared at the small cell I was standing in.

Memories of the night before flooded through my tired and pain filled brain. I had been attacked when I was on my way to Stormy’s house. I remember walking down her street after the cab had dropped me off at the small shopping centre near Steels Lane.

 I remember going to the small shop and buying a birthday card to go with Stormy’s present I had got for her from Switzerland; a pair of white pure wool Ugg boots. My plan was to give Stormy her birthday present early and then maybe take her out to dinner so we could fill each other in on everything that had happened while we were separated; but I never made it to her apartment.

I groaned loudly as my knees buckled and I collapsed back onto the small cot as visions flashed through my head. Four shifters had come out of nowhere surrounding me and then using force when I wouldn’t listen to them. They wanted me to go with them because they said I had trespassed onto their land.  It felt like they were almost trying to arrest me. I ended up laughing and told them to get out of my way. Who did they think they were, the wolf police?

That’s when they attacked me. I fought them off, beating two of them to a pulp before running. As I ran I looked back and saw the remanding two shift right there on the street where anyone could have seen.

I ran towards Stormy’s small apartment, worried that they had gotten to her before I had a chance to get there and that’s when I wondered if that’s why they had been here in the first place; to take my little sister away. The chance of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time wasn’t likely and just thinking about what they could have done to Storm instead of me caused my blood to boil.

As I looked around the tiny cell I noticed two things. One; there were silver bars keeping me enclosed; and two, I wasn’t the only one being held captive. Directly across from my cell was another person laying on the small cot identical to mine. I could tell from the way they were breathing that they were unconscious.

I sat up slowly, wincing in pain as my tee shirt rubbed against something painful on my back. I reached my hand around, trying to feel for the wound, and came across a small hole and the skin surrounding it slightly raised. I moved my hand lower finding another one and that’s when I remembered what they were.

When I had nearly made it to Stormy’s front lawn a pain seared my back but I just kept running. My legs were becoming weak and my eyes were getting heavy by the time the second one hit. I ended up falling to my knees right next to Stormy’s mail box and pulled the two darts from my back. I was more than pissed off when I realised what they were; tranquilizers. 

I shifted to the end of the cot, planting my feet firmly on the ground, and waited for my stomach to settle down. I needed to get out of here and check on Storm. The pounding in my head was increasing every time I blinked and I growled with anger knowing the fact they had hit me over the head with something hard knocking me out cold. As if the tranquilizers weren’t enough. I sniffed the air taking in all the different scents and sighed with relief when Stormy’s scent never crossed my nose. She wasn’t locked up with me and with any luck she would still be at home asleep.