Chapter 16

After another exciting day in paradise, it is unfortunately time to go back to reality

Sooyoung packs up all her essentials, a pout on her lips the entire time.

"What's up with you?" Jimin chuckles, purposefully brushing against her side as he goes to grab his things from the table.

"I don't want to go home." She whines.

"Aren't you excited to be acting again?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I also have to go back to all the drama and the paparazzi."

"Fair enough. I don't know why you don't have a bodyguard, I've seen some video clips and the way people crowd around you is insane. It's not safe."

"I don't need one, it's fine."

"Yes you do, especially now that people know that you're my soulmate."

"Oppa, I'm okay." Sooyoung insists. "I can handle myself, I've been doing it for years."

"Sooyoung, do you have any idea what saesangs are capable of?" Jimin is actually starting to sound a little frustrated as he spins around to look at her.

"I know what saesangs do, you don't need to tell me." She replies firmly, starting to feel a bit on edge as well.

"You know what, you're right." His lips form a thin line. "I'll have someone else tell you. Noona!" He calls out to Elisa, who is in the master bedroom with Taehyung while they pack.

Before Sooyoung can protest or ask him what he's up to, she appears in the doorway. "Yes?"

"Can you please tell Sooyoung why she needs a bodyguard now that people know we're soulmates?"

Elisa sighs, grabbing Sooyoung's hand. "Sit down, I'm going to tell you a story."

"O-okay." She stops what she is doing, sitting down across from Elisa at the dining table.

"Do you remember seeing a story about saesangs on the news? Two of them that attacked a woman outside a convenience store?"

"This was a few months ago, right?" Asks the actress, to which Elisa nods. "Yeah, I remember seeing something like that."

"Well, that woman was me." She confesses, making Sooyoung's eyes widen. "Two saesangs found out that I was Taehyung's soulmate and attacked me when I went out by myself. I had two bruised ribs and a broken nose."

"Oh my god, that's.." Sooyoung trails off, finding herself to be at a loss for words.

"Yeah, it was awful." Elisa finishes for her. "The case finally got settled last month and the two of them are in jail now. But that whole situation left me with trauma I'll probably carry with me for the rest of my life. I still don't like to go anywhere on my own these days."