Chapter 26: special someone

"Are you alright?" He asked for nth time, Jungkook should've been annoyed or snapped already but he isn't instead he was on the verge of laughing at Jimin for being so repetitive or... he was on the verge of squealing because of Jimin's outright concern and protectiveness – no, he won't. He won't embarrass himself like that.

"I'm really okay, Jimin..." The faint laughter at the way he spoke Jimin's name wasn't left unheard by Jimin and that made the guy smile despite the exhaustion he was fighting over the finished show.

"Well, I'm just making sure especially I'm not there to take care of you if you aren't." Jimin told him.

Jungkook bit his lip. His heart did not skip. Nope, it did not!

What the hell, Park Jimin is getting really smoother than before. God, it's been days since he last visited here but he's kind of missing him. Their small talks that didn't feel like a chore anymore and free of malice, the way their skin brushes whenever the distance between them was close to none, and the fact that Jimin suited being a father so much. He's doing a great job with Jikook that sometimes it leaves Jungkook thinking that is this really Jimin? Then it hits him that as much as he'd grown up; Jimin might have, too. And that they were so close to being a family, god that's what they are when the three of them are all together.

"This day's been tiring, tonight's been the second show for this country and performing and entertaining a lot of fans are fulfilling but I can't help and get tired."

"Oh, then maybe we should talk again some other time," Jungkook didn't know, but Jimin's the one who called anyway. It's slowly sinking into him that Jimin's a superstar now, that each second passing Jimin's net worth and value is increasing and that he's got enough money to supply for him a lifetime. Maybe.

"You haven't made me finish," Jimin told him, "because hearing your voice gives me strength and that talking to you wiped all the exhaustion away."           

Jungkook felt like a puddle of ice cream over the summer heat, he was melting.

God, I miss you so much.

"I miss you too, love."

His eyes widened in shock – did he say that out loud? He wanted to smack his head against the wall, but in was already there. Jimin had heard it and even replied. Yet, he had this embarrassing urge to burst into fits of something along giggles he wouldn't be damned to admit.

He wanted to change the topic but somehow his thoughts weren't convinced to do so. And before he could do so, Jimin resumed the conversation.

"Tell me about you day," Jimin spoke, "maybe at least knowing the things you did will make me feel like I was there with you all along."

And as Jungkook began narrating his day, Jimin wanted to ask Jungkook about the years that went by without him. He wanted Jungkook to tell him everything that he went through, good or bad, ups and downs, highs and even lows, he wanted Jungkook to tell him everything then maybe it'll feel like he'd been with them through those years. Though, he bit everything back. He didn't feel like he was in the position to ask, didn't even feel he had the right to do so.

For now, he'll be content in asking how his days went by and what happened. Then, maybe little by little, he can turn those days into weeks, and turn weeks into months, months into years and years into lifetime. Because, spending his lifetime with him felt like the only right decision he's going to make; he's trying to make.

On the other hand, Jungkook purposefully omitted the parts of his day where he woke up running towards the bedroom with the terrible urge to vomit everything out and pee all the fluids out of his body. Which seemed like his daily routine every single day, although he's keeping out with it, he thinks it's something to do with not having much sleep and exhaustion which made sense since he's been trying to catch up the hours he'd missed when he spends time with Jimin and Jikook, having a deducted salary isn't something he's privileged enough to not care.