Chapter 8: right or wrong?

The cold breeze kissed his skin, and somehow he felt transparent – a hollow presence mimicking the attributes of its environment, he could feel his insides churning at the sudden cold that awoke him from his stupor only to be placed again in a nightmare he has no grasp if he could ever escape it.

If this was Jungkook a few years back, he would have succumb to the impending fear that Jimin evoked out of him, but this wasn't a few years back, this was a few years later – and Jungkook hated the feeling. Jungkook didn't like how obvious Jimin was trying to get the upper hand on the situation. He mustered himself.

He'll not back down.

He'll fight back. After all, he has every right.

Under Jimin's piercing gaze, Jungkook stood upright, not minding his threat that he won't deny struck him – but, after clearing his mind off things, it didn't scare him anymore. He looked at him, he could trace the anger and frustration that painted Jimin's eyes and he thought: "now we're even."

"You won't do that," Jungkook spoke, maintaining the eye contact as he witnessed Jimin's chest heaved up and down in front of him.

The sound...the way the sound of his breathing resonated in his chest; it triggered something in his mind and reeled back a flash of memories. Vivid images of them together so close not like this, close in the way not only their skin touched but also their souls. And as Jimin held him after making love, he would hear him breathe, nothing but the sound of his breathing and he would slowly succumb to the slumber that was trespassing his system, he would feel asleep with the sound of his breathing. Jungkook knew it would be etched in his mind no matter how, Jungkook would always know if it's Jimin just by the way he breathes.

He cursed in his mind, as he waited for Jimin to answer.

"I will, if you won't let me meet my son, Jungkook,"

"You!"  Jungkook scrutinized Jimin with his deathly glare, wanted to make him feel how he hates his guts just by the way their eyes meet. "You think bringing this to court would be beneficial to my son? You think he'll like it if you take everything in your own pace and most of all, you think taking him away from me won't make him hate you?

"Think again, Park Jimin."

And in a whiff, Park Jimin's resolute decision faltered at that moment, Jungkook's logic knocking some sense into his recently closed mind. The globe on his throat bobbed up and down, before he continued to speak, "Then..."  He had trailed off, thinking off the right words he could say but he only came up, "what do you want me to do? I just... I just really want to meet my son. Even if you say he's not."

Jungkook saw something in those eyes, the way they soften and literally begging him to please listen – as if, Jimin was pleading him, pleading him sincerely if he could just meet him once.  He knew how sincere that gaze were, that all too familiar gaze he'll give him when Jimin was trying to make up for something.

He remembers.

"I...I'll t-think about it." He stuttered out, the hesitation he was trying to hide became clear in his statement. Jungkook said that he couldn't even believe if it left his own mouth. He wanted to take it back, but he saw how Jimin's eyes sparked, sparked with hope. Maybe, he could ride on with this - he knows how stubborn Jimin could be. At least, maybe this could make him stop pestering him.

Although there was a hint of hesitation, somehow, Jimin felt contented. He clearly had no stand between Jikook and Jungkook, especially when he left after all those years. Jungkook was right, he'll only make his son hate him even more if he tried to take away that one constant person in his life, the one who raised him and taught him about this world, the one person that brought him to life. Yeah. He'll have to abide to Jungkook's demand and requests, as long as Jungkook will think about it.