Chapter 3: let's burn this out, let's play hide and seek

The sound of skin hitting skin mingled with the gust of wind that reigned around them; it resonated for a while before the sound died down but Jungkook's gaze remained fixed, the deathly glare was solely darted on Jimin; it didn't took a second of thinking that the gaze constituted hatred and wrath that Jimin should've expected.

He broke Jungkook's heart after all.

And Jimin didn't even look back when he did it.

He had seen Jungkook's chest heaved up and down, crumbling his knuckles and hiding it behind his back as if fighting the urge of malevolence dominating him - suddenly, all the maturity and rationality he had built through the years of growth had gone down the drain in just a instance of meeting this man in front of him.

There were a lot of thoughts running around Jungkook's head at the sight of this vile man in front of him but the most profound one was; why? Why was he here in front of him? And is the God above playing the cruelest joke on him? But despite all, ther was one thing he was sure. Jimin should not know about Jikook.

Jikook is his. Jikook is his baby, his son, his only child and family; this little boy clutching tightly at him in fear had become his anchor after the years of tragedy that occurred in his life. It was abominable thinking of the both of them being separated because of the possibility that this man in front might take his son if he finds about the boy's existence.

And he made up his mind now, he'll leave. He'll run away; hide the fuck out of Seoul to get away from this man. Just for Jikook, he supplied; all for his son. He made his step to leave, and after that was a series of footsteps; a rhythm that pounded his heart because it was too fast - he was running already.

"Jungkook-ah,"

Thundering sparks thudded arose at the contact of their skin together, the exact same pair of eyes meeting again and the mask of anger were gone. The facade that he had was gone, it was sadness, he could conclude. Jimin had caught his hand even if he had just run a few meters away.

"Let me go,"

"No,"

"I said, let me go, Jimin!"

"I won't let you go. I want you to talk to you!"

"Jimin, you're being inconsiderate right now! Let me go! You're scaring my son!"

Jimin's eyes widen at the revelation and suddenly he was like a mirror; sensitive and smooth - yet, the mirror at a single pound cracked into different parts. That's how he felt like that after hearing those words, himself cracking into numerable pieces. He has a son?

Jungkook realized that he had said something he should never have, never have said and never to this person. Waves of regret flooded his system as he scurried to leave immediately. He took advantage of Jimin's astonishment and picked up his son, dashing out of the place right away. Despite being stuck with two same environment everyday such as cafe and home or vice versa - he's still fit like before, he volunteered carrying boxes of ingredients or sacks of coffee beans when needed, jogged around in the morning when he can.

He became successful with the operation of leaving. He ran and ran, never even looking back, scared that if he ever see Jimin looked back, he might do something that he'll regret showing to his son.

Jimin tried to follow them but when he was about to make a move and go on the run, his phone rang. He cursed loudly at the hearing of the familiar ring tone, this was an important call. Though, his spirit wouldn't die down, he still ran and placed the cellphone beside his ear. "What is it, hyung?"

"Where are you? Manager forgot his phone at the van so I called you instead. There's a lot of fans here already and the event is about to start, you should go here."