Chapter 23: a lovely family

Start from the beginning

I jolted from my bed, stretching my limbs in order to wake myself from being so engrossed of my thoughts. I went out only to be greeted by the pitch black darkness thus I turned my phone as I navigated my way through the fridge. I drank a glass of water; the reeling heat from the thoughts that consumed me still lingered, and rested on my throat.

I roamed, checking the living room if he was still there. He laid there uncomfortably on the couch, his right hand resting on his face as his elbow stretched out. One of legs was perked up and the other laid straight like his body. I could sense he was uncomfortable with the way he's sleeping, but he was deep in slumber?

I moved closer, I couldn't see his face with his hand blocking but despite the dark environment, his pale alabaster skin lit in the mid of the darkness like a beacon of light, it seemed so smooth but damn how this façade had been so fake because this guy was so rough – no, Jungkook! Don't think about going there.

I reached for his stray strands, his hair became unruly because of his hand that was resting on his face, but before my fingertips could delve into the feeling of his raven hair, I was caught by surprise.

His own hand had halted mine from doing so.

"Jungkook," He groggily said, oh, but why did it have to sound like that? Why did he have to say my name like that? My knees were failing on me, and how he gripped my hand that sent those familiar flare of sensuality, I don't know anymore.

"Y-yeah?" I gulped, he didn't remove his hand on my wrist but he stood up to sit properly on the couch. He looked at me, staring into my eyes, he took his phone and it lit up on his hand.

"Why are you here?" He asked, looking at me his gaze was so intense. His hand still on my wrist, I wanted to whisk it away, but with Jimin's reflexes he knew it will be useless.

"I was...I...I really couldn't sleep so I drank some...some water. I decided to check on you and..." I trailed off, thinking of what more to say. I was rambling already. "Are you okay, here?"

He stared at me, his intensity loosened and a smile was threatening to play on his lips. "I am okay, yeah,"

"Oh, I thought you weren't because if you weren't I was planning to invite you to sleep on my-"

"On second thought, I really can't sleep. I feel like the couch can't entirely hold my weight due to its size and that every time I try to move, it faintly creaks?"

I want to laugh, but I decided to bury the laughter down my throat. Jimin was trying to flirt, huh, oh well. "Oh really?" I taunted, "Then, if you want you could sleep on my son's bed,"

"I don't think that's a really great idea," Jimin spoke, pursing his lip on and rubbing his chin as if expressing that he was in a conflict within himself and the idea I was offering. "Jikook and I had spent hours of drawing and creating art, if I go there now, I might wake him up and he won't be able to sleep with me as an addition to his bed."

Moot point, I must say. It was sensible in a way I couldn't call him out for being ridiculous in his attempt to push himself to sleep with me on my bed. "Then, what?"

"I might be thinking..."  Jimin resumed to rubbing his chin again, this time his lips were tugging a smile that he was trying hard not to show in order not to ruin his façade.

"I know what you're going to say." I cut him off, "Fine, fine. You can sleep on my bed,"

He jumped up, "yes!"

I wanted to laugh, he looked darn cute. Wait, did I just say Park Jimin looked cute? Oh shit, I did not. Pretend I did not. What the, he should not know, keep that to yourself, kook.