Chapter 22: flicker of hope

Beginne am Anfang

The silent fall of their tears mingling with each other felt like the only union they've had since years, but there they were, hugging each other like it was going to be the last time. Jimin turned Jungkook around and right at that moment it felt like those walls had been collapsed. The glass had been shattered, and the masks had been lifted off, only because this moment, their emotions were real.

"I..." Jimin started, "I never stopped loving you, Jungkook. If there was one thing I couldn't lie about it's my love for you. Even million miles apart, my heart always beat for you. It didn't give anyone a chance to replace you because it wasn't my heart anymore, it was yours. You own my heart and that's how it's always going to be, no matter what you think about Yoongi, no matter you have that guy lurking around you, my heart is always yours."

Jimin turned him around, "it's yours; your free to ruin it and free to break it. If that's ever going to make you feel satisfied, I'll let you do anything even if that means that's the only thing I'm ever going to do for you. So please,"

He took one look at Jungkook who had tears stained his cheeks, and eyes so puffy they were red. It was so apart from the Jungkook that looked at him with glare so sharp and cold; that it made the freezing point of water ashamed. He wanted to kiss him, god, he wanted his lips so bad.

"Please allow me to seek for your forgiveness," Jimin pleaded, "allow me to rewrite our past so even if I can't stop you to bleed from it, I'll make it hurt less. Let me treat the wounds I left, let me fix that heart I broke. Please."

"Jimin..." Jungkook said softly, making Jimin meet his eyes. Jimin stared into them, getting lost in the familiar sensation of Jungkook looking at him because this time there was no madness going through them and he wanted them back so bad. Until they started to fail him, Jungkook opened his mouth but it fell short and his eyes turned shut along his mouth.

A sense of foreboding came rushing to Jimin's system, he caught Jungkook before he completely fell against the ground. He was shouting, calling for help on the top of his lungs, fuck he could attract so many people by doing so but he didn't care anymore, all that matters is Jungkook to be safe.

He tapped Jungkook's cheek trying to drag him away from the impending darkness that was protruding in Jungkook's physical aspect but it was no use, because Jungkook had finally fell through.

Jimin's screams and panicked face were the last things that Jungkook had heard and seen.

He woke up and met by the blinding amount of white paint that painted the walls, the stale smell of the room wafted by the ridiculous use of disinfectant and other substances used to sterilize the whole place, and judging by those attributes he could conclude where he was – the place where people battle for life, where they were pushed in a credulous tug of war of life and death, he was in the hospital.

"Oh god," A voice rose, followed by the rush steps nearing to his bed and there he was beside him. "Are you okay?" His eyes were filled with worry, as he scanned his overall appearance. "Where does it hurt? Wait, stay there, I'd call the nurses,"

Before he could go on, he had grabbed him by the hand which halted him from his tracks. "I'm okay. I'm okay, Jimin."

He sighed in relief, sitting back at the chair that was beside him.

"Why didn't you leave?" Jungkook asked, he knew how busy he was. Jimin might have everything in his hands because of the overwhelming amount of wealth he had accumulated but the sad reality is that he doesn't have the luxury of time; he seemed like the busiest person on Earth.

"Leave you like that? Why do you think so lowly of me Jungkook?"

"You can leave now. I'll call somebody else to watch over me," Jungkook was about to reach the phone with his hand when Jimin caught his wrist.