Chapter 21: such cruel fate

Start from the beginning

This was one of the best night and sleep that he had, nothing but the spending the night with the one you love and sleeping against them – it seemed so mundane for some but for Jimin, it might've been his only wish.

Hours later, Jimin woke up, he rubbed his eyes to clear his vision but an inevitable smile had invaded his lips at the thought of last night. He quickly turned to the side of his bed, only to be slapped by the empty and cold space. His heart skipped a beat before he appeased himself that Jungkook might've been out in the kitchen or living room.

He stood up, arranging the sheets that clung around his body and upon doing so, he had realized that he was stark naked. The rays of sun illuminating his chiselled body, making each muscle more prominent and defined – he looked like Adonis, so sinful yet so tempting. He searched the floor for his boxers and out of haste, he sloppily put it on resulting for the boxers to rest low in his hips.

"Love?" he chirped once he's out of the room. His gaze roamed around the living room, but it was too clean, but he didn't let his hopes down and ran to the kitchen to look for his lover. "Jungkookie?" His tone sounded lost, but it was the fact that once he stepped foot on the kitchen there was no presence of anyone. No soul.

He left.

His chest felt constricted all of a sudden and he was never quick enough to go back to his room. With the rush that he took earlier, he failed to notice how the clothes that were sprawled on the floor that they took off in the heat of passion last night were only his, his alone; when it was clear as the fire that knocked their souls out of the impenetrable walls of fear and regrets, that there were the two of them. Intimacy was always two, intimacy and love was always him and Jungkook.

Jimin rummaged to the bedside table for any sign of letter, or goddamn at least a note! But he was slapped by nothingness. In his peripheral vision, his phone had lit up with notifications, he took it hoping it was Jungkook sending him a message but damn so much for hoping.  It was just a bunch of messages from his hyungs asking him about where did he go last night and why he haven't come back home.

He stood there, staring into the void like he was loss of words. His chest felt heavier than ever and there was a banging on the area, it felt like his bones and heart were nails and the rising pain that was consuming him was the hammer – it was crushing him. He wanted to scream out loud, the grip he had on his phone was getting stronger before he threw it across the room.

God, he didn't feel okay.

Fuck it! He felt like shit, absolute shit.

His lungs were screaming but damn, he didn't have the heart to scream, as it was stomped upon by Jungkook who had done nothing but run away from him.

This time, he was the one who stayed and it was him that left.

Deadly thoughts drowned Jimin's mind, he was gasping for air as he clutched – thoughts of Jungkook going to his boyfriend suffocated him. They were the ones who were supposed to meet last night but Jimin had to intervene, he had to. It was dirty of him, but he had the chance, he was not going to let it go like the idiot he'd been for years.

If he was playing unfair, he didn't care anymore.

He found himself aimlessly walking towards the shower, the boxers that hung low in his hips stripped off of him. He went inside, putting dial to the peak of cold and the water dripped onto his body. It was goddamn cold but nothing was colder than how he was treated. Nothing felt colder than trying to reach for Jungkook's heart.

He punched the wall again and again, god he was really becoming a mess lately. The itch of malevolence was consuming him so quick, but damn it was the unrelenting pain in his heart that was destroying him to the brink. Jungkook was merciless when it comes to him, he was so kind to everyone he'd met and a perfect father to his son – their son, but the indifference was too alienating, too overwhelming and too obvious.