I nod before he continues, "A few of the other employees will be here soon I hope. Well, let's work!"

Tidying up the dining room takes merely ten minutes, and it's the most relaxing thing I've done. Organizing really helps me, and I can't figure out why. Guilty pleasure I guess.

When I enter the kitchen, Matthew is taking out the last newly baked batch of fresh cookies from the oven, and I can't help but breathe in the wonderful scent. This scent could never get old.

"Alright! Let's just get these to the case and put them in." Matthew turns and widely smiles at me as I walk up to help.

After setting a few cookies in carefully to not break them, Matthew speaks again. "So your boyfriend I met the other day, Harry..is it?"

"He's not my boyfriend," The words sound rushed and anxious immediately when they exit my mouth, and I hate that.

He isn't though, right?

Yeah...he isn't.

Matthew sets the cookie in his hand inside the case and then stops to face me completely. "Oh, I'm sorry Rachel I didn't mean-"

"It's okay Matthew, honestly. He and I are just...friends." I interrupt and kindly smile at him so he won't have to feel uncomfortable.

Now I'm the one feeling awful and uncomfortable. Here I thought I'd get away from the topic of Harry at work, but I was wrong. Harry taunts me everywhere I seem to be, especially in my thoughts. The words 'just friends' strike an unsettling feeling inside me, but it's the truth.

"Sorry again, Rachel. Well, he's something..isn't he?" Matthew chuckles and I can't help but join him.

He's exactly right. Harry did show off his very stubborn behavior to Matthew when I introduced the two.

"It's true. Harry can be a bit protective I guess."

"Never seen anything like him, actually." He chuckles again as we finish sorting the pastries.

Matthew closes the case minutes later and checks his watch.

"Well, we are opening in five minutes. These employees better get here. Glad I have you to count on for coming early, Rach. You really are a great performer, and for that I thank you."

A giggle of happiness from his praise escapes my mouth as I put on my apron and head to my cash register. I've always loved compliments, because I've never had an easy time getting them.

Mainly I'm glad we have quit talking about Harry, because that couldn't have been any more awkward.

Right before we open, three more employees arrive, one who I haven't met yet. We are introduced but I don't get much time to mingle because in seconds the doors are opened and customers begin piling up. Business is better than last time, and my cash register is insanely packed. Morning shifts are really the best.

Time passes by quickly, and I check the clock to see that it's time for me to leave for dance class. I search the busy cafe for Matthew to alert him of my departure, and once I find him he nods, thanks me, and wishes me a good day.

The stroll to dance class is long and lonely in the drizzling outdoors. If only I had Harry here, driving me like last time, and laughing with me, telling me to change in his car... I must stop.

He's your friend, I remind myself, and I really want to believe it. But it's hard to.

I make it to dance class with only five minutes to spare. I wish I had more time, but the rain was getting more horrible by the second, and I made the dumb mistake of forgetting my umbrella.

Quickly, I change into my new leotard that I had bought yesterday, which was one of the items I actually had a purpose for buying. It's tighter on my curvy body than what I'd prefer, but it's what our teacher said to buy, and the only size they had was a small, not my medium.

As time diminishes I rush to slip my dark brown hair into a bun which comes out very messy, but I have no time to fix it. I run out the bathroom to the practice room where the other girls my age are dressed in their own leotards stretching, putting on their shoes, and already practicing. I join them, tying my ballet shoes while waiting for our teacher, Ms. Wendy, to arrive.

Ms. Wendy walks in and we stretch ourselves first, then review over the routine we've been learning for the past few weeks, like usual. She's such a great dancer, and is only a few years older than I. I admire her a lot.

After the first hour of class is over, we change into our hip-hop shoes for the next hour. Though, today becomes different. It's announced we will begin to learn a new routine instead.

"Alright ladies, this new routine will not be the permanent one for the recital later in the year, but it shall be one we use to practice for it. We will learn and do it every day, so hopefully it will aid you in learning the real one for the performance. It's got some contemporary dance in it, but none of you should have trouble considering what we've done," Ms. Wendy announces with her high-pitched accent.

All the girls look at her in confusion, and I know their looks mirror mine. What the heck are we dancing?

Once I hear the song for this routine, I am a little shocked, but excited. 'Partition' by Beyoncé begins to play from our rooms speakers and our teacher shows us the routine which is one of the coolest dances I've ever seen. A mix of hip-hop and contemporary is something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember. After just showing us once, we begin to learn the routine.

As we practice without music, a weird but very loud noise, sounding like falling equipment or something from outside the doors of our room sounds, and Ms. Wendy rushes to close them, so we won't be bothered.

We begin again, but are interrupted with different noises, and we discover they are yelling voices.

A male and a female it seems? Although, whatever is happening, it sounds like the female is winning the argument, and my whole class laughs. We can't exactly hear the muffled voices or what they are yelling about, but it's really funny, and Ms. Wendy struggles pulls our attention away.

As I focus my attention back on her, I hear the male's voice once more, and I swear I must be going insane.

It sounds like..well...Harry.

My thoughts disappear when the music is turned back on and we continue.

It was not him, I repeat to myself. I'm just that demented.

It couldn't have been.

Dance class ends too fast, and we barely make it through learning half of the new dance due to the early distraction. Instead of changing back into my clothes, I decide my desperation to get home is more important, so I just slip on my jacket and change into my converse.

Once I'm all ready, I grab my bags and say goodbye to my teacher before leaving. I enter the hallway, then walk down the other way to the back door where it isn't as crowded to exit. Crowds have never been my thing, and this is how I've always left here to get home quicker.

Opening the door, I step outside, extremely glad it isn't raining at the moment, but it will soon. I'd better hurry. I turn to my left, heading out of the dark alley to the main street when all of a sudden the echo of footsteps behind me has me stop in my tracks.

Oh God.

"Hello, love," A voice says. A voice I instantly recognize the thick accent to be only one person, Harry.