(Chapter 53) Holiday Memories

Start from the beginning

"Well, have fun, imma go check in with Aph and Aaron" I say as I get up from behind the bush and start to walk off.

"Aphmau-Senpai and Aaron-Kun aren't home right now. They're with Aaron-Kun's family" KC explains, stopping me in my tracks.

"Oh, well sounds like they need all the help they can get..." I start, while swivelling on my feet to instead look at Garroth's place. "...too bad they're not there right now. Have fun you lot"

I head off down the street, towards the my brothers house to continue spreading the festive cheer, till my girlfriend lets me inside.

Knock knock knock!

"Merry Christmas!" I sing as a tired looking Zane opens the door.

"Bar humbug" He mutters. The disgusted expression on his face revealing everything I need to know about his opinions of the Christmas jumper and Santa hat that he wears.

"That was surprisingly in season of you? What have you done with the real Zane?" I ask with my typical cat-like grin on my face.

"I'm being bullied and blackmailed by my roommates" Zane says, lacking any and all emotion as he says it.

"Oh come on baby brother. I think you look good if that jumper" Garroth says as he walks over and swings his arm around Zane's shoulder.

"I look like a unicorn just threw up all over me" Zane moans.

"Yes yes, but a festive unicorn" I tease.

"That's it' I'm take it off!" Zane shouts as he throws his hat to the ground. As he does, I notice KC walking back home with a rejected look on her face, clearly Katelyn's scolding has reached its peak.

"YO KC!!!" I shout and both her and Zane freeze up. "What do you think of Zane's jumper?"

"Woah, Zane-Kun, Kawaii-Chan thats sweater looks super cute on Zane-Kun" KC says as she rushes over just as quickly as Zane starts to blush. Though the mask covers all traces of red, my sisterly instincts tell me his cheeks are most definitely rosey. "Plus it has Kawaii-Chan's favourite colour on it?"

"Kawaii-Chan, it has ever colour on it" Zane says, with a small chuckle.

"Even better!" KC gushes.

Lucinda P.O.V (Y/n And Lucinda's Home) (December 24, last year, Noon, 30 Minutes Later)

I flip through another page of my spell book, back proped up against the arm rest of the couch with a blanket stretched out over me. "Etingi" I cast and a flame lights on the top of my finger, which I throw over to the fireplace. The gentle crackle of orange embers along with the warmth fill the air makes this moment perfect. Well, almost perfect.

"Scratch scratch" I hear at the door, signalling the arrival of the final piece of my puzzle of comfort and coziness.

"The cat flaps unlocked" I say, and just like clockwork. I hear the sound of said cat flap open and close, with a family black cat soon coming into view. A black cat with white, snow tainted paws which track little footprints behind her.

"Y/n..." I crumble at the large mess that she makes even in such a small size. Y/n sits on the floor, and tilts her head at me, knowing full well how much I want to cuddle with her right now.

"Fine, get up here" I say and as swift as lightning she jumps up and curls up into a ball on my chest, with a soft purr soon echoing through my body.

And then it stops as Y/n shifts back. Somehow covered with even more snow than when she was a in cat form.

"Y/n. You're making a..." I start but get cut off by the passionate crashing of her lips against mine. Despite how tightly we're locked together, our kiss continues to deepen. My hands rest against her waist but instinctively slide down to a more comfortable position. I feel the tail sway left and right as I give a gentle squeeze. In response, I feel a smile form on her lips as her hands slide from my cheeks, over my neck, as gentle as a feather, along my shoulders, carefully mapping my body, and down to my chest, giving a much more forceful squeeze.