Chapter-18

Seokjin:

Seokjin had adapted to a new routine after Jungkook had arrived back home, bloody and bruised, but alive. The boy had been asleep for two days straight. In those two days, Jin worked alongside two of the doctors on base to make sure Jungkook was healing properly and there were no infections. Jin took special care of the boy's missing fingernails, knowing from past experience how painful that kind of injury can be (never ask Jin about how he lost his fingernail that one time, it wasn't even gang related, and to this day he still blames Yoongi).

When Jungkook had woken up, Jin had been the first to see him. After revealing the boy's new color and having a very lax induction into the gang, Jin made sure to check in on Jungkook almost every hour. It was easier to take care of both Jungkook and Taehyung at the same time since Taehyung had immediately staked claim to the spot next to Jungkook in bed.

Jin knocked lightly on Jungkook's bedroom door with his foot, using his elbow to push down on the handle, his hands full with a standing tray covered in breakfast food for the two youngest. Jungkook was leaning against the headboard, one arm outstretched as he held the TV remote, surfing through the channels until he settled on some sci-fi movie. Taehyung was sitting up as well, one arm wrapped around Jungkook while the other held his phone, Tae scrolling through his Twitter.

"Food!" Jungkook looked away from the television screen at the sight of Seokjin or, more specifically, the tower of pancakes in his hands. "Thank hyung!"

"You're welcome." Seokjin placed the tray on Jungkook's lap, Taehyung immediately reaching over to grab his portion, inhaling his glass of orange juice.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" Jungkook asked, wincing slightly when he stretched his arm out to grab his banana milk.

"You'll have your daily checkup, both of you. Maybe after lunch we can take a walk if you're up for it." Seokjin shrugged, failing to hide his smile at Jungkook's bright grin.

"I'd love a walk! Would it be all of us?"

"Sorry, sweetheart, but Joonie and Yoongi are still super busy. Jimin's also been running errands but maybe Hobi can join us."

"I'll come too!" Taehyung exclaimed through a mouthful of pancakes, which Seokjin quickly scolded him for talking with his mouth full.

"Okay, sounds good." Jungkook said, slightly sad he wouldn't see his other hyungs, but glad he would get to have a chance to get out of his room. "Anything else?"

"Nope! If you have any ideas for dinner, let me know. I'll be in the living room if you guys need anything, okay?"

The two boys in the bed nodded, digging into their breakfast while starting to pay attention to the film on the television.

When it had come time for their walk, Seokjin had grabbed Jungkook a wheelchair, helping transfer the boy from the bed to the chair. Taehyung insisted on pushing Jungkook, having fun spinning the youngest in slow circles.

Hoseok met them by the door of the house, kissing Seokjin on the cheek before leaning over to do the same to Taehyung and Jungkook. It was a short walk, just around the main area where they spotted Yoongi and Namjoon leaning over a computer, a handful of agents speaking to them. Seokjin made sure to wave as they passed, feeling warm at the hidden smiles the two sent their way.

When Jungkook had begun to drift off in the wheelchair, Taehyung turned them around with a loud yawn, claiming that it was his nap time too. Seokjin tucked both of the younger boys into bed, flicking off the lights before heading off to make dinner for the group.

That night, Jungkook was allowed out of bed for dinner, joining the others at the dinner table. The mood was significantly brighter than previous nights, probably because the chair that had sat empty these past days was now filled with a bunny-smiled boy, cheeks puffed with food. And Seokjin couldn't be happier.