Chapter 10

A couple of weeks had gone by. Alayna's health condition had remained consistent and she was now able to go home.

But she was going home with a seemingly changed Zunair. He had become....different.

In a good way.

But still something in the back of her head sounded it's alarm, telling her that there was still a danger, a risk. That he would change yet again.

And the alarm at the back of her head would be proved right.

But her naivety told her to follow her heart which told her that he had and that there was nothing to fear, and the heart's claim would have been true if someone hadn't lied to fill his sadistic need of ruining everyone's happiness after he destroyed his only chance at his own.

The car stopped at the mansion. So did her.

As the car door was opened for her, it let in all the bad memories with it.

Every event, incident, word and sound replayed in front of her eyes.

She couldn't take it all. Her heart couldn't take it. Her mind couldn't take it.

Then her lungs started to stop working. Her eyes were beginning to close on their own accord.

But a soothing voice took her out of the captivating trance.

"Look I'm here. It's ok. Control your breathing. Do it with me, breathe in for 5 seconds."

She followed as the voice guided her.

Finally, her vision, her breathing went back to normal to reveal the man behind all her pain.

Her gaze goes back to the house.

That was where it all happened, if she was to enter, every single corner would remind her. All the betrayals, the pain and the hurt.

Her grasp on his shirt tightened and the words of her heart escaped through her gritted teeth.

"I don't care how much you say you have changed if you take me into the house again. Know you'll never have my forgiveness."

His heart felt a burden being lifted off of his chest, he thought it was something much more worse.

She only wanted to a house change, a change of scenery.

But she forgot that the person remained the same, her surroundings might change, but would his way of thinking change?

There was no way of knowing for sure.

Zunair moved them to a penthouse in the heart of Karachi.

He had owned many more properties, some even abroad, but this one seemed to be the most convenient.

He would easily be able to travel to conferences, the airport and it was hereby the university that he was planning to enroll Alayna to, obviously with her permission. (<< the irony😳)

He brought her to the penthouse, with added security and asked for the mansion to be locked for the time being.

He had lead her to his room and her, like a lost puppy followed him.