68 - Forever

Mulai dari awal

He removed the apron. In these two years, he has shared all my responsibilities and works. Not only him. Arya has tried his best too. With every passing day, I am falling for this man more. 'If you're done admiring me, can I leave for work?' he pulled me closer by holding my waist.

I wrapped my hands around his neck with a smile. 'Jeeva?' I called him. 'Mmm?' he raised his eyebrows. 'Do you think we may actually end up having a baby this time?' I asked him doubtfully. We have tried a lot of times for a year. But each time turned out to be negative. Even though we still have time, I cannot see his hopes crush every time.

'Even if not, what's the problem?' he asked holding my cheek. 'I cannot crush your hope every time,' I sighed. 'I have already told you, my hopes never get crushed,' he replied. 'Adithi, we are not any less than being happy. We have Om and Shrishti. More than it I have you and you have me. Isn't it enough?' he asked comforting me.

'It is more than enough,' I smiled. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. 'Stop thinking about it. Things will go exactly the way they have to,' he parted away from me. I smiled looking at him. 'Take care. Eat well. Bye,' he pecked in my lips and walked out. I followed him.

He kissed Shrishti and Om and left with Arya. Deiva went to Amma's room to put Shrishti to sleep. Amma sat with me on the couch while Om was coloring something in his coloring book. 'Paati. Cat. Athai,' he showed us his painting. 'It is so good. Can you color some more?' I caressed his face.

'Om. Color this,' Amma turned another page for him to color. She looked at me with a smile. 'Amma, I have to tell you something,' I held her hand. 'What is it?' she pressed my hand gently. 'My period is late,' I uttered. 'What? How days it has been?' she asked excitedly.

'Ten days,' I sighed. 'Did you take the test?' she asked curiously. I nodded negatively. 'Why?' she was upset. 'Every time I take the test it turns out negative. I cannot let it crush your hopes. Also my hopes,' I controlled my tears.

'Adithi. Don't get upset. Sometimes it takes time. I have this hope. This time it is going to be positive. Take the test,' she wiped off my tears. I nodded. 'You know what, dear? Sometimes it may seem like our hopes are crushed. But it never dies. It always resurrects. Don't get disheartened, Adithi,' she cheered me up.

I nodded bringing up a smile on my face. 'I think this time is something different,' she looked at me happily. I hugged her with a smile.

**** THAT NIGHT ****

Adithi's POV:

I stealthily took the test kit without Jeeva noticing it to Amma's room. I waited for the results. Tears welled up in my eyes seeing the results. I took the strip in my hands to see the two lines in the strip. I am pregnant. We are pregnant. I wiped my tears and came out of the restroom.

Amma looked at me eagerly. I showed the strip to her and she hugged me instantly happy. 'I told you right. I knew it,' she kissed my forehead. 'Go. Tell Jeeva,' she nudged me. 'I will tell him tomorrow,' I agreed. 'Thank you Amma,' I hugged her. 'No, dear. Thank you,' she caressed my back comforting me.

I gave her medicines and kissed her goodnight. I went to our room and Jeeva was in the restroom. I secured the strip carefully under the sarees. 'What is it?' Jeeva hugged me from behind startling me. 'It's the saree I am wearing tomorrow,' I hid it and showed him the saree and locked the wardrobe.

'Aren't you asleep?' I turned to him. 'Nope. Waiting for you,' he replied making me sit in the bed. He as usual started massaging my foot and then my head. He usually does this at least twice a week just to pamper me. I pamper him with a back massage in which he falls asleep.

'You lie down,' I removed his shirt and he lied on his stomach. I began massaging. 'You are becoming good at it,' he whispered. 'I know. And you're becoming an expert,' I kissed over his shoulder. When I completed massaging, he was long asleep. I kissed his head. This time you are going to get great news. 'Proud dad,' I smiled at him and lied beside him.