Thinking the Worst

Start from the beginning

"You've got to be kidding me" he deadpanned and I just shrugged "Do you want your hybrids or not?"

"Whatever, let's just get this over with" I grinned and pulled the contract out of my bag, and gave it to him to read. He looked at me bored but sighed and focused on the contract in his hands.

The Contract

Niklaus Mikaelson will treat his hybrids/pack members with respect. He will act as their Alpha and won't torture them physically or mentally. He will not order them around like servants. He will not belittle them. He will not hurt or threaten them if he believes they have betrayed him unless he has proof of it. If they want to leave they are free to do so, they will always have a pack to return to.  He will offer werewolves a choice in becoming hybrids. He will not force them into transitioning. He will not tell or let anyone else hurt them for no reason. He will protect them from other people and won't let anyone hurt them. 

After reading the contract Nik stared at me in disbelief "You can't be serious! I'm not a samaritan for fuck's sake!"

"Do you want to have a pack or some minions? You already have enough vampire minions that will do whatever you want them to. Do you want to earn respect or scare them into doing things for you? Do you want to be a leader or a tyrant?!" He looked away annoyed, we both knew that I was right. I wanted him to have what Marcell had in New Orleans, not that Nik knew about that yet. 

"Nik if I were to suspect them of betraying you I would kill them myself. Believe me." He looked at me, watching me carefully, judging whether I was telling the truth or not. In the end, he sighed rolling his eyes "Fine. Where's the damn pen?"

"About that..." I smiled innocently "Well...you see, I need your blood." I shrugged, I didn't see what the big deal was anyway, but I knew he would find some reason to be upset. 

He narrowed his eyes after hearing my words "What the hell do you need my blood for?!"

"Despite how much your word means to me, I prefer your blood as a guarantee. What, don't tell me you're afraid of spilling a bit of blood?" 

Grunting he bit into his wrist, letting a few drops fall on the bottom of the contract. I gave him a pen and he let out a few lovely words and finally signed the contract.

I bit into my own wrist, baring my canines for the first time since I turned into a hybrid. Finally, I signed the contract as well and looked at Nik. He was eyeing my barely bleeding wrist, watching the few last drops of blood falling on the ground. His hybrid features became prominent and I watched him worriedly "Nik? Are you okay?"

He shook his head, coming back to reality, his hybrid face going away for the time being. Judging by the way he was eying my blood, he was seconds away from latching onto my wrist. It was obvious that losing his control even for a short moment, bothered him. When was the last time he fed?

"I'm fine. Will you finally tell me why I couldn't make any hybrids or was that just empty talk?"

"No need to be rude about it. You need Elena's blood for them to complete the transition." I shrugged carelessly.

The moment he heard my words he looked like he was about to explode. "Nik, calm down. Just listen to my voice. I knew this was going to happen and..." before I could finish my sentence his hybrid eyes flashed dangerously.

"You knew?! Why the hell didn't you tell me, Luna? I should have known you were going to trick me and betray me all at once." he looked like he was about to kill me, but he had yet to come closer to me. 

His words cut like a hundred knives, but I pushed the pain away and let on my own anger take control. 

"Fuck you! I've done nothing but help you the whole time!" I yelled looking at him just as murderously. 

"Yeah? And why is that?! What was the underlying reason for your help, huh?" he shouted shaking with anger. It was obvious that his control was quickly slipping away.

"Because I care you moron! You've been betrayed so many times that you can't appreciate when someone helps you out of the goodness of their heart. You seem to search for betrayal in everything and find it even when there is none! I took Elena's blood before the sacrifice because I knew you would need it, but hey that must have been betrayal too, right?" I stared at him furiously and headed inside before I did something I would regret. 

"Luna, wait..." Nik called out but I just ignored him. It's funny how every time I help someone I end up accused of having bad intentions. It's getting boring already. I should have been prepared for it though, it was Niklaus Mikaelson, after all. If I had expected it then I'm sure it would have been barely annoying, instead of it actually hurting me.

I spotted Rebekah sitting at the bar drinking a cocktail, she was completely lost in her thoughts just enjoying the moment. Having heard me enter she turned around with a grin on her face. Noticing my sour expression she frowned "Let me guess, my lovely brother is the reason for your shitty mood, right?" 

I grunted not even commenting and took a seat next to her. "Do you want to talk about it or drink to forget about the damage my brother has done?"

I deadpanned "What do you think?"

She just nodded leaning over the bar "Drink it is then" Rebekah pulled out a bottle of bourbon grinned "This will do!" and poured it in a glass, filling it halfway. 

After handing me the glass, Rebekah looked at me with a smirk "Let's drink to the shared annoyance for my brother"

I just chuckled while shaking my head at her words "No, forget about him. Let's drink to...newfound friendship" Rebekah smiled happily "To friendship"

You waited a bit for this chapter, but I hope it was worth the wait! 

Do you want the next chapter to be just Rebekah and Luna chilling together?

Word count: 1600 words