12. Lucky Charm

Hoseok, Seokjin, Yeonjun and Beomgyu were the first team to face spectators since their school was hosting the tournament. Supporters started cheering boys up as soon as they saw them. However, Hoseok was busy scanning the crowd searching for familiar face. When his gaze fell on Yoongi, he smiled and waved at him. To Hobi's delight the older flashed his gummy smile at the brunette. Before they managed to do anything else, the coach commanded boys to warm up, so they did their usual routine. Meanwhile, other teams joined them.

The girl that sat next to Yoongi apparently turned out to be Hoseok's devoted fan. She had written "HO" on the right cheek and "BI" on the left. Her t-shirt had Hobi's angelic face on it while her banner said: "Hobi, I LOVE U" and she told everyone around that her surname was Jung as if she was Hoseok's wife.

"You wish." Yoongi thought and rolled his eyes and decided to ignore her for the rest of competition. He was about to ask Namjoon when were they starting, but heard announcement saying that swimmers should have taken their positions. Yeonjun alongside with five other boys went on the platform. He nervously shook his head and positioned himself at the best angle to make perfect jump in the water.

Hoseok came to him and whispered something to the younger probably to calm him down. Yeonjun nodded and smiled at his hyung. Yoongi's eyes didn't leave Hoseok even for a moment. He enjoyed seeing Hobi do something that he passionately loved. The competition hadn't even started yet but the brunette looked already very concentrated. He was attentive towards his team members and tried to cheer them up.

Seokjin acted like a real diva he was. If you didn't know he was on a tournament, you would have thought he was just chilling near the pool. His fangirls nearly passed out when he sent air kiss in their direction. He managed to spot Namjoon as soon as he entered the gym and was eyeing the boy from time to time. He even winked at him leaving Namjoon speechless who was sure that the older wouldn't notice him at all.

Once all swimmers were ready for it, there was a sound signal and six people jumped into the pool simultaneously. The first was backstroke. Yoongi saw how young people swum on their backs at non-human speed. Well, at least that what Yoongi thought, for swimmers that speed was normal. It took less than one minute for Yeonjun to return. Despite that, he was very disappointed because he came second. As soon as Yeonjun touched the wall, Beomguy jumped in the pool. Hoseok rushed to the younger and wrapped the boy in towels hugging him.

"You did great Junnie. You're such a good boy."

"Don't worry too much Jun." Jin also came to cheer the younger a bit. "We'll catch up on them soon, you'll see." Under them he meant team from Hanseong High School. They were sworn enemies of each other. Always competed for the first place and it was impossible to know who would win beforehand. Jin shot daggers at their direction with his scornful gaze.

Breaststroke was considered to be the easiest among others and Beomgyu handled it immaculately. Their school supporters exclaims tore down the gym. Yoongi even thought there was an earthquake.

As Beomgyu was returning, it was finally Hoseok's turn. He stood on the platform and looked at Yoongi for the second time since tournament had started. The moment their eyes interlocked, they felt as the world slowed down for a while. Even though Yoongi was surrounded by lots of people Hoseok saw only him. His heart started beating faster in his chest but that was probably because he had left only few seconds before jump.

"You got this." Yoongi mouthed the younger, who had been holding his breath whole this time without knowing it, and sent him finger heart. Hoseok got all shy from the sweet gesture. He nodded at Yoongi telling him that he wouldn't disappoint him and positioned himself on the platform.