11. Everybody's Watching Them

The next morning, Yoongi woke up earlier than usual. He had busy day ahead of him. The previous day, after dropping Hobi at mansion he promised to come at his competition.

"Will you come at my swimming championship tomorrow, hyungie?" Hoseok cutely pouted before going into the house.

"Obviously, I'll be there cheering you up. I have nothing better to do anyway."

That wasn't completely true, Yoongi should have had rehearsal with the band but he decided to shift it for few hours. After all being by Hoseok's side at such important day was equally important.

Yoongi had hard time deciding what to wear. It was his first time to go at swimming tournament. After couple of long minutes, he decided to wear something casual. He put on white hoodie, black trousers and didn't forget about his favorite red bandana.

After he was done, Yoongi quietly left his room and was heading towards the front door when he heard a voice

"Sweetie, are you already leaving?" Yoongi's mother was standing in the living room. The woman was in her mid 40s. She had short dark brown hair, thin lips, petite nose and cat-like eyes that Yoongi had undoubtedly inherited from her. He noticed that she looked tired and exhausted.

Yoongi was seeing her for the first time in weeks. His first urge was to run and hug the woman. He really missed her. Before his father became an asshole abusing his own son, Yoongi was inseparable with his mom. They cooked together, watched entertaining shows, laughed and simply talked. Yoongi missed talking to her the most. But he knew nothing would be the same ever again. At the beginning she tried to protect her baby boy from that monster but then he started beating her as well and apparently she stopped intervening. Not because she wanted to protect herself, but because she realized that she couldn't protect her son.

Yoongi was mad at her for that. It angered him that she gave up, that she didn't divorce that tyrant, that she failed to protect him. He couldn't understand how she put up with cries coming from Yoongi's room whenever his father belted him. He blamed her for inaction. But still, he missed her.

"Yes, mo-" He nearly called her 'mom'. He hadn't done that since they drifted apart. "I have a business in school. I'll be late." Yoongi was about to leave but his mom stopped him.

"Wait, aren't you hungry Yoongles? I have made pancakes, come and-"

"I'm good. I'll grab food later as always. " He bluntly interrupted her. If she didn't care about what he ate before, why would she start now?

Yoongi saw how pain flashed in his mother's eyes and he immediately regretted being rude. She asked him to wait for a moment and disappeared behind the kitchen door. After a minute she came out with a food container filled up with cupcakes alongside with other treats and handed it to her son.

"Here, eat it on your way to school. You need energy to be a strong boy." She sadly smiled at him. Yoongi didn't know why but he took the container and mumbled "thank you". The woman wanted to pat his head but she thought the boy would probably hate that. So instead she looked at her beautiful son telling him million apologies with her eyes.