Chapter 6: First mission, part 3

(Narrator's POV)

Elm and Vine's group arrived at the heart of the mine. A large multi-story area filled with all types of Dust. All the entrances were connected by walkways. The whole group was on guard. Further down, Harriet and Marrow's team arrived.

"Guys!" Ruby calls.

"Everyone use caution." Vine communicates. "This room is highly active with Dust energy. Triggering it could ruin the launch site." He explains.

"And vaporize us! How is that always second with you?" Marrow asks him.

"I thought the target was supposed to be in there." Nora says to Vine.

"Guys? It's up there." Emerald said to the group as she looked up at the ceiling. The Geist was hanging from the ceiling, camouflaged by ice. The golem landed in front of the team RWBY, destroying a walkway in its path.

"It added Dust to its body?" Ruby asks. "How are we supposed to-

Without warning, Harriet, Marrow and Elm charged at the Grimm. Vine wrapped one of his Aura arms around the Golem's leg before holding onto a beam with his other arm. Elm grabs the Grimm's other leg and roots himself to the ground with her Semblance. Vine jumps onto a slightly higher platform and activates his Semblance to pull on the Golem's right arm, revealing the Grimm's joint, which Marrow cuts off with his boomerang.
As the Grimm's arm was cut off, a piece of Dust crystal flew out. Harriet activated her semblance before running, jumped on the top rail and caught the crystal in flight before landing.

Vine and Marrow repeated the operation and sliced through the Grimm's shoulder, propelling another piece of crystal, too high to catch.

"Crap!" Marrow exclaimed. The piece of crystal flew out before being caught by Clover, who had just arrived. The Ace-Ops leader snickered.

"What would you guys do without me?" He asked his group before throwing the Dust crystal at Qrow.

"You're late!" Emerald shouts to the team KNRD.

"We noticed." Night replied. "So, what do we do?" He asks Clover.

"You, nothing. Enjoy the show." Clover replied before jumping in.

The Ace-Ops all tried to distract the Golem, who didn't know where to look between Vine attacking it and Harriet provoking it. The young woman hissed at the Grimm, who tried to crush her, but the Ace-Ops dodged the attack before Elm crushed the monster's left arm before Marrow cut it off.

Clover charged at the Grimm, jumped on its right knee before jumping in front of it, wrapping his fishing pole around the mask and ripping the Grimm out of the mass of ice. Harriet jumped on the Geist and gave it an uppercut.

Several pieces of crystal were stolen. Vine caught two, Elm and Marrow, one each. Clover, one as well before seeing a piece of crystal out of his reach.

"Harriet!" Clover called. The young woman tried to grab the piece of crystal before Ruby ran past her and grabbed it. The young huntress fell and hit a rock, the dust crystal in her hands.

"The target!" Marrow exclaimed as he saw the Geist trying to make its escape into the upper reaches of the mine. Night turned to smoke and sprang in front of the monster, rifle in hand before firing a shot into its head, killing it instantly, as the Ace-Ops looked on in surprise. The young man returned to his teammates.

"You did a great job." Qrow told him.

"That's nothing compared to what Ace-Ops did." Night replied.

"Definitely. It's not every day that you see a show like that." Dragon answers him who was... eating popcorn!?