Chapter 4: First Mission

(Krystal's POV)

We followed Penny, who was showing us around the academy from top to bottom. The building was very big, and it was quite easy to get lost. We saw the cafeteria, the training rooms, the classrooms... (yawn)...

We had been walking for a while and we were all tired. We were just eager to finish the tour and go to bed.

"This all looks great, Penny. But where are we staying?" Ruby asks her.

"Remember, you're in Atlas now! As the most well-funded school on Remnant, every teen at Atlas Academy gets their own room! And if that wasn't enough..."

"So we're staying in the dorms?" Ren asks Penny.

"It'll be just like Beacon again!" Penny exclaimed as Nora fell to the floor.

"Dorm, room, I don't care. Show us where they are before I send you to the Service Department." Resare growled at Penny.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you! Destroying Atlas property, especially Mantle's protector is an offense punishable by 1 year in prison and a monetary fine of 250,000-"

"Where are the dorms?" Night coldly asks Penny.

"It's... this way!" She replied before heading to the dorms.

"Thank you..." Night replied in a rather unpleasant tone.

(Later)

We all arrived at our dorm, with Penny still talking in the hallway. I had a feeling that Resare was really going to end up tearing her down, but Dragon quickly fixed the situation by closing the door. It was so well insulated that we couldn't hear her talk anymore.

"Never heard anyone talk so much." Dragon told us.

"Nah, ya think?" Resare asked him as she sat down on one of the beds. It was two bunk beds built into the wall opposite each other. On the other side of the room were the desks. On each bed was placed a pair of pajamas from the academy. Night got on the top left bed, and I got on the bottom. We all changed and went to bed. Finally.

(Next day, Narrator's POV)

The sunlight was beginning to shine through the window of the KNRD team's dormitory, which was still sound asleep. That is, until a certain robot entered the room.

"SA-LU-TATIONS!" Penny shouted, waking up the team KNRD.

"Shut the fuck up!" Resare growls as she throws her pillow at her.

"Whoa! In a bad mood first thing in the morning I see!" Penny tells her.

"Nah, ya think? Don't you ever sleep? Trust me, you should try, and you'll see that it's unpleasant to be woken up by someone screaming right next to you!"The faunus answered her coldly.

"I confirm." Night replied in a weary tone.

"Sorry!" Penny said to the young man. "Krystal, after breakfast you will need to go to the General's office, Clover will be waiting there with Qrow, Ruby and Jaune to brief you on your first mission." She said to the light-haired girl.

"Clover, who's he?" Dragon asked.

"He's the leader of Ace-Ops." Penny replied.

"Oh right." He replied before the robot left the dorm.

(Later, Krystal's POV)

I took the elevator, accompanied by Ruby and Jaune. We were escorted by an Atlesian soldier. Ruby was excited to begin this mission.

"Say, Krystal, what kind of mission do you think this is going to be?" Jaune asked me.

"I don't know. It could be a little bit of everything. But since this is our first mission, I guess it won't be much." I replied.