Chapter 2: Reunion and first problems

(Narrator's POV)

The whole group was surprised to see Penny floating in the air after what happened at Beacon. Some were surprised to see her again, others were pleased.

"I don't believe it, she's alive..." Resare mutters, shocked, as Pietro joins the group.

"Darling, why don't you say hello to your friends?" The old man said to the robot. Penny looked at the group and very quickly a smile came over her face as she looked at Night and Ruby.

"Sal-u-TATIONS!" She shouted before propelling herself toward Night and Ruby

"Hey wait!" Night yells to her just before Penny collides with him and Ruby. Both teens fall to the ground.

"Ouch..." Emerald groans as Penny gets to her feet.

"It's such a pleasure to see you all again!" She says to Night and Ruby, who get to their feet.

"Shared pleasure." Night replies before cracking his neck. "But... Weren't you dead!?" The young man exclaims.

"I guess in a manner of speaking she did." Pietro said to the young man. "But we were able to retrieve her core from Amity Arena once it had made it's way back to Atlas. It took me some time, but..." Pietro explains.

"I'm as good as new! Better even! And now I'm the official protector of the city!" Penny exclaims.

"That's my girl!" Pietro told her with a proud look on his face. "We're not going to let a little ripping to shreds stop us, are we?" He asks the group.

"No, sir!" Penny replied before tapping her head.

"It's good to see you again." Resare tells her shyly. The robot hugs the faunus.

"Shared pleasure!" She said to her before letting go of Resare and turning back to Night and Ruby and putting her arms around their necks.

"We have so many things to catch up about! I cannot wait!" The robot said to her two friends before the alarm began to sound again. "It seems we will have to wait." She adds before flying away.

"Let's talk more later! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures! I'm so excited for the whole experience!" She says to her friends as she flies off into the night sky of Mantle.

"I've understood. ABSOLUTELY! nothing!" Dragon exclaims.

"Me neither! I have, like... A million questions!" Nora replies

"And tankfully, I have about a thousand answers. But let's get out of this weather first." Pietro said to the electric battery as he left, followed by Maria.

"At least one good thing happened tonight." Krystal said to Night as she clutched his right arm.

"I admit I expected anything but that." The young man replied.

"I wouldn't say unwelcome." Qrow tells him, "I was honestly expected things to go a lot rougher." he adds.

"It can't always be a mess. Fortunately, for that matter." Resare tells him. The group begins to walk back before they get the feeling they are being watched. Suddenly, Oscar, Jaune and Nora fell to the ground, bound by Gravity Bolas, then it was Yang, Blake, Weiss and Ruby's turn, then Qrow's turn, and finally Resare and Krystal's turn.

"What?" Emerald exclaims as she turns around.

"Look out!" Dragon yells as he pushes Emerald and Night, just to keep them from getting caught. The faunus was tied up by three Bolas before falling to the ground.

"What's going on?" Night exclaimed in incomprehension. Suddenly, the group was surrounded by five individuals, all dressed in mostly white clothing.

"Good job guys." Said the team leader. Night and Emerald drew their weapons and got into fighting position.