Chapter 7

Tiny torture mention here. Love you guys. -Rae

- Mid February, 2046 (Three months ago) -

Jamie was escorted to a different, but breathtaking part of base. He had never been to this part before, so he assumed that it was where Tony spent most of his time before.

"He'll meet with you here." The henchman that was escorting him gestured for him to sit down outside of a room, and he did. Then, he looked around a bit more, truly taking everything in. He didn't even know that walls could be touch screens, like over-sized tablets. People that walked past him had headsets in, and if they weren't speaking to someone in person besides them, they were speaking over the phone.

When he was younger, he imagined himself working in a place like this, kind of like OpalSpace. He then thought about Violet, and how excited everyone was for her when she got her internship.

So, so long ago.

"I genuinely can't believe you two are actually a thing," he heard Tony's voice come from down the hall. "Do you know how much money I owe Adrienne now?"

Besides him, Luca laughed, "Drunk me talks way too much. She would've showed up to the party last night if she didn't have a major exam first thing this morning. Also, when will all of you get enough of placing bets?"

"Probably never. But, hey, I'm happy for you. Now that I think about it, I should've seen it coming. I mean, you were staring at her the entire night. How long?"

"A few months now. We were great friends for a while. Then, uh... yeah."

Tony grinned. "Look at you, all nervous."

"Look, Daija and Wylan have been teasing me about it all morning. I don't need you teasing me as well," he said as he rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on his face. "I really miss the days when we were all making fun of the Reid siblings when they were crushing." Then, he checked his phone and said, "I have to get going. I have a meeting with one of my teams in like, ten minutes. I'm seeing you at Simon's later on, right?"

"Of course. Too bad he doesn't know we're showing up. See you later."

"See you later."

Luca turned in the other direction to leave, and when Tony approached Jamie, he looked down on him and sighed, "Come with me."

He stood up, then followed him into a large office. When Tony closed the door, he gestured towards him to sit in a chair. As he sat down across from him, Jamie tried hard to figure out how long it was since the last time they talked. It had to be near when he arrived.

-----

He was thankful that blood was dripping from his wounds. It was a reminder that she was there, and that he could keep track of a bit of time before she came back. It was his only method of keeping track of time nowadays. It wasn't enough for him to bleed out, but it was enough to sting and keep him awake.

The door to Jamie's cell was open, and he heard talking not too far from him. Well, some talking, and some crying. The things he heard here each day would haunt him for the rest of his life.

"I'm going to give you one more opportunity to tell the truth before my patience runs out. If you lie to me again, then this is going to be the most painful night of your fucking life."

Jamie's heart dropped. That was Tony's voice. He was so sweet and well-mannered. He may be close to Simon, but he couldn't see him spending time in these dark and awful pits, torturing people like there's no tomorrow.