Eyesight~ Kuroo x reader

~ warning!! A little angst hehe.. Something happens that causes Y/N to lose her eyesight but Kuroo is determined to help her see as much of the world as possible before her entire existence goes dark... I know nothing about how acid or eye surgery or chemical burns work so I apologize for the inaccuracy of the story lol ~

"HEY!! Careful!" You shout at your idiotic classmate, "This is a full beaker. Don't knock it over, the teacher will have my hide!" You say, rolling your eyes. Kuroo, your lab partner, bursts out laughing as the classmate backs away from the wild array of beakers you have positioned on the lab table. Your chemistry teacher was letting you and Kuroo mess around with some slightly more dangerous chemicals since you both were responsible and pretty advanced when it came to calculating the formulas and keeping everything in its respectable beaker. You took your safety goggles off for a moment so you could see the notes in your notebook better.

"Can you add some red dye to Beaker #3?" Kuroo asked with a grin. Any form of his heartfelt smile made you lose your cool immediately. You nodded as you carefully poured red dye into the beaker that currently contained a decent amount of hydrochloric acid. Once you were done, you turned back to look at the raven-haired boy next to you. He was taking messy notes in his Chemistry notebook. His features creased slightly as he concentrated, his eyes shone with curiosity. 'What a shame it would be to never look him in the eyes again' You thought.
Just then, your classmate (who was known to be very careless) had snuck over to the beakers and was getting ready to spill the liquid all over you while your back was turned. Just as he raised his arm, you turned quickly because you sensed someone was watching you.

The acid was thrown directly into your open eyes and all you could hear was a blood curdling, deafening scream. It took you a moment to realize you were the one screaming. The acid burned your eyes like fire.

"Y/N!!! SOMEONE CALL 911!!" Kuroo yelled. You were still shrieking due to the excruciating amount of pain you were in.

You woke up to complete darkness. You fingers moved gently around your face as you noticed bandages cover the entire top half of your face where the acid had been poured. 'Fuck' You thought.

"Hey!! Anyone there??..." You called out to no one in particular. You heard a groggy voice mumble something absent mindedly. You allowed yourself a small smile as you recognized it to be Kuroo. He had been your best friend forever so you knew his voice by heart.
"KUROO!!! WAKE UP!!" You shouted. You heard a thud and laughed, assuming he had fallen when you shouted at him.
"Y/n, oh my gosh you're awake!" He said excitedly as he sat on the hospital bed next to you and wrapped you in a strong embrace. You could feel small drops of liquid fall onto your shoulder as he cried silently. You hugged him back and gave a long, shaky sigh. After a while, a doctor came in and explained the acid had caused severe damage to your cornea and pupil and also to the skin around your eyes. The doctors had tried their best to salvage your eyes the best they could and were able to add a prosthetic cornea for your eye made of a gelatinous material so that no further damage would be caused. However, your vision would be permanently ruined and you had an estimated time of 3 days before you would lose you eyesight completely. You tried to cry but the doctor also explained that the acid had burned your tear glands as well but those would heal rather quickly. Kuroo had enough tears for both of you as rivets of salty tears streamed down his face. As soon as the doctor left, he turned to you and whispered

"We have 3 days to see the world and I want to cherish every second"

The doctor explained that as soon as the bandages were removed and you opened your eyes, the countdown started. You waited to take them off until late that night as you started your stopwatch. Everything was blurry but you could make out a few shapes close to you. You could see the white walls of the room, the IV drip connected to your arm, and the chair next to your bed that had recently been occupied by Kuroo who had left the hospital to go home to see his mom and younger sister. You could also make out the shape of your cherry red phone on the nightstand so you reached for it but sighed as you realized you couldn't see well enough to use it. It buzzed all of a sudden, indicating a call, so you tried you best to press the small green button on your phone.