Kinoshita x reader

~ Soulmate au where clues such as quotes, images, words, or phrases that have something to do with your soulmate will appear on your skin once you turn 16. They are completely random and can pop up at any time. ~

Note: Y/n is a couple months older than Kinoshita

Warnings: Profanity

Requested by Bonkers_D
Hope ya like it!!

"Hah! You forgot I had a power-up, didn't you?"
Kinoshita said while smirking as his character started glowing red and spit lava at yours, causing your character to burn.
"PLAYER ONE WINS" the game said
"DAMNIT!! You would've lost without that power-up anyways" you said, rolling your eyes at your best friend.

You and Kinoshita were playing video games in your room. It was Friday and you both went back to your house directly after volleyball practice. Since you both played volleyball, it was sometimes hard to find time to hang out as much as you used to because of your busy schedules and the immense amount of homework being given by your teachers.

"Oh come on, Rage." He taunted, using the embarrassing childhood nickname your mom and his mom had given to you as a kid. You both were said to start a lot of trouble so you had earned the nickname "Rage" because of your short temper, and he had earned the name "Racket" because of how loud he was as a kid. You had known Kinoshita since middle school and you were inseparable. Your parents knew each other and you often hung out at each others houses or went downtown or to the volleyball court to hang out.

~ sorry if the nicknames are cringy, I don't really know why I added that part lol ~

"Hey! Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" You said, trying to hold back your laughter. You both grabbed your controllers and started a new round. You moved your fingers quickly while using the joysticks. This was something you and him had enjoyed doing since you were little. You kicked Kinoshita's fighter in the face hard, knocking it back.

"Careful, you almost knocked 'em unconscious!!" Kinoshita said while trying not to laugh as he quickly dealt a blow to your fighter's stomach.

At this point you both were laughing so hard you were rolling on the floor.

In 6th grade, you both were on volleyball teams at you school (you on the girls team and him on the boys) but didn't interact with each other. One day, the girls practice got dismissed early so you headed over to the boys practice to practice some spikes and receives. When you arrived, you asked Kinoshita if you could practice with them and he said yes. Another boy on the team came over insisting that I probably didn't even know how to play well and that this practice was only for boys. You started arguing until you grabbed a volleyball on the floor near you, jumped up, and performed a killer serve right into his face. He was knocked back onto the floor immediately afterwards. The coach came in at that moment and yelled "You almost knocked him unconscious!!!".
This had been one of you and Kinoshita's inside jokes since then.

You stared at the boy laughing on the floor next to you.
'God he's cute' You thought. No wonder you had a big fat crush on him. He had been your best friend forever and you didn't want to ruin it but you would tell him soon. He had just gotten out of a relationship about 6 months ago and you didn't want to tell him something like that so soon. Your birthday was a couple months ago and you had started getting clues about your soulmate. So far you had gotten the image of a volleyball and the quote "I know" which didn't make any sense. You had been playing volleyball since you could walk and had met many people on your teams and clubs. It could be anyone. You didn't care though because right now, you loved Kinoshita and you were going to tell him.