18

I smiled to hide the pain before I looked back at my laptop screen, I could see my reflection in the dark color that was displayed on the screen. It showed hope that Y/n might actually like me, but my brain was thinking other things.

"Why did you have to ask that?"

"She's probably just saying that to be nice."

"Lucky you, you just fucked everything up."

I hated how much of my thoughts were negative, but it always prepared me for the worst I guess?

I typed the last line of code as reasonably slow as I could as Y/n sat on her phone doing who knows what. That was when I heard my phone ping from beside my left hand that was on the keyboard.

"Y/n.exe mentioned you in their story" The notification read making panic ever so slightly which caused me to unlock my phone.

That was when I saw it, she had posted the picture of me that she had taken not too long ago and put the song "Shivers - Netrum, Halvorsen" and put the words "the best project buddy :)" under it.

I looked up from my phone screen to see Y/n staring right back at me, her eyes got small as she shot me a small smile from across the table making me do the same.

"Alright I'm done." I said trying to hide my flustered face as I clicked enter to save our project.

"Perfect." I heard her say with a yawn, but not bothering to look at her just in case it makes her uncomfortable.

"Did you want to anything before we go our separate ways?" I asked hinting at the fact that I didn't want to leave quite yet.

"Um, no thank you. Maybe you can take me on a date instead?"

"Uh- sure!" I said nervously.

"Well that is after I introduce you to my parents. My dad really wants to meet you." SHe had said, and I wasn't quite sure if it was because we were both tired, but it seemed pretty real to me.

"Yeah, for sure." I smiled with a nod as I shut down my laptop and started to coil up my computer charger. The brick in the middle of the cord was hotter than the cups of coffee that I had had this evening.

"Alright sounds great, we'll have to discuss more of this later then." She said as she started shutting down her computer as well.

-

I had bought Y/n an apple turnover before we left so that she could have it before she went to sleep when she gets home.

We had walked out of the cafe, the air was getting a little cooler since the sun would be coming up soon.

"Thanks for staying this long Y/n." I said as I walked her to her car, even though mine was parked right next to hers.

"Of course Luke, I mean it benefited both of us didn't it." She said as she placed her tote bag in the back seat of her car.

"That's true."

"Yeah." She said softly before she opened the driver side door.

"Alright, get home safe and text me when you get there. Okay?" I asked softly before she had even stepped into her car, making her freeze.

"For sure." She said, turning her body around to face me. "Thanks again Luke." She said before embracing me in a hug.

I held onto her smaller frame tightly, her hands drawing small circles on my back. But before I knew it, she had let go. With a smile I watched her get into her car, and softly shut the door behind her.

Although it was very much unexpected, it was very much wanted. 

A/N:

HAPPY EARLY NEW YEARS MY FAVORITE READERS!!!!

I hope that you all found something that you improved on, as well as a future goal for the upcoming one.

One of mine:

Start working on more stories/getting more chapters written for upcoming stories.

Anyways, Stay safe, healthy, and take care of yourselves!

<3, Okanah :))