17

A small smile started to form on my face as I stared at my phone screen even longer, before I shook my head as if that would make the smile go away.

"You good?" I heard him ask, with what sounded like his phone being put down on the table that we shared.

"Yep, just fine." I said quickly before clicking my phone off and setting it on the table as well.

"Alright, well I'm pretty sure we only have a few lines of code left..." He said, trailing off as he started typing away at his keyboard. His face focused on the screen in front of him, his eyes scanning all the work that we accomplished in the past how many hours. That was when I decided to grab my phone again and snap a quick picture of him.

However, his eyes looked up when he heard the shutter sound effect.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice low and tired.

"Nothing..." I said slowly in hopes that he would forget about it.

"Yeah right. Let me see it."

"No." I replied, not even having looked at the picture myself.

"Y/n, please." He said tirely before I looked at my phone screen to see the picture.

His eyes had looked slightly up towards the camera, my phone seen through the reflection of his wired aviator glasses. His hair perfectly parted, yet not as neat as it was when we had started working, and the dim lighting of the cafe suited his skin tone perfectly.

I was completely shocked.

"What is it?!" He spoke louder and slightly concerned.

"Here." I said softly while turning the phone to face him.

He sat there for a while with no words.

"Wow I look hot-" He said, sounding slightly surprised, making me laugh on the spot. Covering my mouth because there was another group of students that were also studying. "Wait why are you laughing for- what the fu- Y/n?!" He had said, although he did sound slightly concerned it didn't stop my laughter.

-

I mean, I did look hot and now I understand why Y/n was staring at her phone for such a long time. I hated the fact that that picture was on her phone but she seemed to like it. Her expression when I reacted to the photo was priceless.

Her eyes got small and thin as she laughed, the dimple on her cheek was prominent and the small crows feet that formed by her eyes when she laughed. It all seemed to be too good to be true.

For me, Luke. To have such a wonderful friend that was thoughtful, caring, sweet, cute, and many other wonderful things I realized why I liked her so much.

-

Once I had started to calm down, I realized that Luke was just staring at me. Our eyes connected, to which our gazes held onto one another's begging to see if the other would let go first.

"See something you like?" I asked playfully, my feet kicking his feet softly under the table.

"Yeah, you." He had said so softly that it made me flustered.

"Wait- really?" I said after a while with our eyes still locked on each others.

"Yes Y/n. I like you. A lot." He said before sitting up straight in his chair.

"Oh, wow." I was shocked. Thoughts were running like a chicken without a head through my mind.

"I know that you don't feel the same but-" He said quickly before I interrupted him even quicker.

"I do- well sort of. I just need to be completely sure. Okay?" To which he nodded with the sweetest smile before turning back to his computer to finish the last few lines of code that we had agreed to finish before we separated and went home.  

A/N:

HAPPY EARLY CHRISTMAS MY FAVORITE READERS!! Here's yalls Christmas present lol

Stay safe, healthy, and take care of yourselves this holiday season!

<3, Okanah :))