12

"Where do you think they are?" Nick asked as the two enjoyed the last bits of their ice cream that they had gotten at a small ice cream shop.

"I don't know, probably making out or something." Corey shrugged, her blatant answer making Nick choke on the ice cream.

"WHAT?!" He had said in shock, trying his best to clear his airways without making a big scene.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." Corey said, trying her best to help him by patting his back.

"Nah it's all good." He said before finishing up the last bits of ice cream that sat in his cup.

"Should we go look for them? I have to take Y/n back home that's why." Corey said, trying to explain.

"Yeah, I have to wait for Luke to take me home." Nick nodded, pushing in the modern but uncomfortable chair under the wobbly table.

-

The two walked around the mall at a steady pace, their conversations getting deeper the farther they walked. Their hands held within each other, and steps in sync made one another smile when they could hear Y/n and Luke's laughter erupt in the somewhat mellow mall, making their heads whip around quickly.

They caught the two laughing with matching sunglasses on as they looked at themselves in one of the famous mirrors that could be found in the mall. With a smile, Corey and Nick walked up to the two to tell them that they were ready to go home.

"hEy guys, are you ready to go home yet?" Nick said, his voice crack was evident as Y/n and Luke tried their absolute best to not laugh at his voice crack. "Okay please don't-" He had started, but it was too late, Y/n and Luke started cackling away.

"It's okay, Nick." Corey said softly, reassuring him with a light hug making his legs melt a little as he embraced her smaller frame.

"Oh-" Y/n said after realizing the two were hugging, her laughter stopping. Luke doing the same as the two stared. "They look like they're having a moment." Y/n whispered to Luke, who nodded in agreement.

"We should leave them alone." He replied, stepping backward slowly until he made it within five feet of one of the department stores and quickly rushed inside. Y/n quickly followed behind him in efforts to get out of their friends' view.

"Do you think that was enough?" Y/n asked quietly as she peered through the clothes racks that kept them hidden from the other two. The array of dull colored shirts allowing them to blend in perfectly.

When their hug was over, the two looked around them cluelessly making Y/n and Luke giggle a bit trying their best to be quiet in hopes that the two wouldn't find them hiding only a few feet away. But soon their hopes were true, and they walked in the opposite way towards the parking garage. 

A/N:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FAVORITE READERS!!

Hope you all had a wonderful day enjoying the things that you are so very thankful for (I know I did). Take care of yourselves, stay safe and healthy!

<3, Okanah :))