15

"So what exactly would happen if I were to do that?" I heard Nick say as he sat diagonally of me.

"You... would still look cute." Corey said softly, her chin rested on top of her interlocked hands.

"This is getting boring and gross, can we leave yet?" I read aloud in my mind, his text message making me snicker.

"Yeah, fs" I typed back, his face flooded with relief before getting up.

"Alright, thanks you guys but Y/n and I are gonna get going." He said as he grabbed his plate of lunch that only had salad left on it.

"Yeah, I'll see you next class." I told Corey with a small pat on her shoulder before grabbing my plate and leaving with Luke.

"Okay, see you guys later." She said softly with a smile before sliding over to sit directly across from Nick, which made me smile.

"Good call." I said as we made our way to the trash cans that were already almost overflowed with trash.

"For real, air was getting heavy." He said simply as he dumped his trash and headed toward the door, as well as I doing the same. "For you." He said as he held the door open for me.

"Thank you." I said easily with a smile, before leading the way to our lockers.

"Do you have anything planned for this weekend?" He asked, the halls not as busy with only a few small groups that lined the halls. Their chatter soft, and seemingly innocent until you passed them.

"No, why what's up?" I asked, my heart beating a little faster as I answered. What was I wanting as the answer was the real question.

"Oh, well I was wondering if you wanted to work on that project? Together? At the same location?" He asked nervously. What could have been one sentence became 3.

"Oh, yeah sure." I responded smoothly, my heart beating even faster. "How's about tonight?" I asked, trying my best to play it off.

"Y-yeah sure, that works for me. Where should we meet?"

"I'm not sure..." I said as I neared my locker.

"OH! How's about that 24 hour cafe? Y'know the one right next to that pet store?" He said, his voice starting to get higher as he spoke louder.

"Oh yeah! That'll be great!" I responded happily before I opened the locker door.

"Awesome. How's about seven?" He asked as he opened his locker, and I could tell that he was trying his best to not look at me.

"Perfect." I said before shutting my locker, my pre-calculus textbook and tablet in hand.

"Alright, text me before you leave okay?" He asked, the small sound of concern making my face heat up.

"For sure. See you later." I said before I headed toward my class.

"Bye." I heard him say from behind me, I could see the smile that I heard in his voice.

-

"Hurry up!" I shouted through the passenger's side window as it rolled down slowly.

"We're coming!" My cousin shouted back as he pushed through the doors, Nick following close behind. The doors flapped back and forth behind them as they ran to the curb where I sat idle.

The two of them hopped in their seats, out of breath.

"Thanks for waiting Y/n." I heard Nick say from behind me. "This dummy was too busy kissing his girlfriend." I heard him say on the verge of laughter.

"Next time, don't wait for him, Nick." I said with a scoff as I drove off towards my cousin's house.

After about four minutes of silence, Nick started a conversation.

"So... Y/n, I heard that you got a date tonight huh?"

"WHAT?!" I heard my cousin say in shock from beside me.

"No, it's not a date. It's my friend and I working on this coding project that's supre complex. One of which none of you idiots would be able to do." I said matter-of-factly, keeping my composure and overreacting when he had said that.

"Alright. Sit in the kiddy pool of denial then." I heard him scoff, my cousin looking at me as if her knew that this was a date. "It's not a date." I mouthed to him, to which he had just shrugged and shook his head.