7

"So how was your first day?" Caleb asked me as we walked out of the school, finally managing to make it past the sea of people when his phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I heard him say, his pace starting to slow down.

"I mean..." He said after a long pause before turning to look at me. After putting the phone to his chest he asked me a question. "Do you need a ride home?"

Without thinking I reflexively said "Yes." Maybe it was a bad habit from when I was in intermediate, back when I wasn't as fit as I am now, but I can't say no to a free ride. I mean it takes me about fifteen to twenty minutes just to get home.

"Cool, my cousin is going to drive." He said before walking towards the car that sat about ten feet away from us.

"Alright." I shrugged, following close behind him. He already invited me to this dinner thing with his family? I don't know the details, except for the fact that it was after school.

As I got closer to the car, the girl that sat in the driver's seat waved at us both, and being nice I waved back. We both put our skateboards and backpacks in the trunk before Caleb quickly called shotgun.

"Hey, guys." I heard her say as I opened the door.

"Thank you so much Y/n, you saved our legs. And also probably our lives because I don't think we would've made it back to my house in time." Caleb said with a chuckle.

'Y/n?!' I thought to myself, her name screaming in my brain 'WHAT THE FU-' the voice in my head screamed before being interrupted by Y/n.

"So Nick, how was your first day?" She asked smoothly as she backed out of the parking stall.

"It was okay. I guess." I said quietly.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Caleb asked, confused that Y/n already knew my name.

"Yeah, loverboy over here asked me for my number-" Y/n started before quickly being cut off by Caleb.

"WHAT?!" He shrieked, making both of our eyes go wide.

"NO NO NO, not like that." Y/n said nervously. "It was so that I could set him up with this one girl I met today." She said with a smile, taking a look at me through the rearview mirror as I felt my body slowly slide down the chair, the look she had given me, hitting me deep in my soul.

"Oh really now?" Caleb said with a smirk before looking behind his chair at me.

"Alright shut up." I said annoyed. He already knew anyway.

-

"Hey Nick why don't you send me a text or something so that I have your number?" I suggested as I rolled into my cousin's driveway.

"Oh yeah, that would be a good idea."

"Yeah." I said before hearing a ping coming from my phone in the compartment between my cousin and I. "Thanks." I smiled before waving the two goodbye.

I had a little more than an hour left to get ready, but by the time I get home I'll probably only have fifty minutes.

"That was interesting." I mumbled under my breath, as I waved to them one more time before backing out of the driveway. Trying my best not to show my embarrassment through the tinted glass that separated the three of us.

As I got back on the main road, I realized that it started drizzling. Looking up at the sky I could see the dark clouds that started to move in from the direction of the ocean. The small water droplets starting to fall and form bigger ones on my windshield making me smile.

'They would have gotten soaked if I hadn't helped them out.'