14

'Turn left in ten meters.' I heard the GPS say as we neared my street making my brain slightly more awake.

"Alright I guess we're almost here." I heard Luke mumble under his breath, the low part of his voice making me smile for some dumb reason.

"Yeah, thanks so much by the way." I said, pushing my head off of the car door.

"For what?"

"A wonderful night." I replied, and as I looked over, I saw him smiling which was a little more contagious that I thought it ought to be.

"I see." he hummed before pulling into my driveway cautiously.

"Yeah, text me when you get home or whatever." I said as I gathered all of my stuff that laid around the center console and on the car floor.

"Oh, for sure." He replied quickly, before a ping from my phone broke up the mood.

"Oh, sorry. That was my dad. I should get going."

"Okay-" He started but before he could finish, I opened the car door and stood outside.

"Thanks again." I said softly before closing the door softly, my feet moving quickly as I tried to get out of the warm weather as fast as possible. Making my way to the small awning that covered one of the front windows from the harsh weather.

-

I waved to her through my windshield, the one time I wished that it wasn't tinted in hopes of her seeing me. But she waved to me, her small tote bag resting on the opposite shoulder that had the small hand that gave me a friendly wave.

'What am I thinking.' I thought as I slowly backed out of the driveway, turning down the music to help me think better.

'I am such a loser for this girl, what the hell.' The small voices in my head whispered as I got onto the main road.

It was completely empty.

"Hell yeah." I thought as I made the turn in the direction of my house and hit the accelerator, and downshifted. "Damn that was so satisfying." I said as I watched the glowing red arrow on the speedometer slowed back down.

-

"Who was that?" My dad asked as I entered the house, putting down my bag by the door as I took off my shoes.

"My friend Luke, he's Nick's friend." I explained, not even bothering to look up at him.

"Who's Nick now?!"

"OH, Corey's date. But I just went with him because the other two left early." I explained, putting my shoes on the small rack by the door.

"So you like him?" He said, slight annoyance heard in his voice.

"Ugh no, why does everyone say that?" I said rolling my eyes before I picked up my bag off of the ground.

"Whatever, next time I want to meet him."

"Okay." I squeaked, he sounded so over it. I did actually come home a little later than when I would usually come home if I was hanging out with friends, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

"And please go take a shower, you smell." He said, crinkling his nose in disgust.

"Already on it." I lied, I won't wash this hoodie for a good while. It smelled nice, like his car which sounds weird but it was a nice smell.

I quickly ran up the stairs to my room and grabbed my towel to go and take shower. I took off the hoodie and layed it onto my bed, the smell passing my nose as the hoodie came over my head. I quickly took out my phone from my tote bag and charged it after noticing that the percentage was below 30.

-

After I came out of the shower, I quickly went to my room to change into my sleep clothes when I heard my phone ping. The sound scared me as the house was so silent, all I could hear was the snoring coming from my parent's bedroom.

I walked quietly towards my nightstand to answer back, and thankfully it was Luke.

"Hey, just wanted to say thanks for coming and hanging out tonight. Also I made it home safely and didn't go flying off a cliff." I read aloud softly, making me chuckle a bit as I read the last sentence.

Maybe he isn't as bad as I had thought.