Chapter 31. I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

Just as the movie is about to end my phone pangs loudly. I quickly check who intruded and slight panic filled my chest.

I lean over to James.

"We need to talk, like now." I inform.

He looks at Daisy who is sleeping on Asher's chest then turns towards me with a nod.

We retreat to my bedroom, and I lock the door behind me just in case one of the girls comes looking for us. Especially Daisy.

James stands at the door, keeping an ear out while I sit on the edge of my bed.

"My men found Bria." I tell him quietly.

His dark blue eyes shift to mine.

"Where is she?" He asks.

I pull out my phone and send him the address I was sent.

Once his phone dings, he pulls it out of his pocket and looks at the address listed there.

"How the hell did she know we were here?" He asks almost in disbelief.

I shrug. "Maybe you were right. She's a good actress."

His fingers come up and pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't angry. I remember how broken she was when they were in jail, I remember how she cried herself to sleep, how she couldn't eat, how she barely functioned. She can't go through that again.

"I'm going there." James says, reaching to open the door.

I quickly stand up and grab onto his shoulder to stop him.

"No plan, no execution. Wait until we have a plan." I try to reason with him.

He sighs as his head falls.

The only time James or even Asher has ever been this upset was when their mother died. Gloria basically took over the mothering role for them, but she just wasn't her. The brothers care more for Daisy than they did their own mother. Understandable, I'd save Carson before saving my mother.

"We need to put the girls to sleep. We need to talk." James crosses his arms.

"You're right. I'll go get Carson and put her to bed. Meet me in the back yard in an hour." I say.

He nods and opens the door.

Once I make it to the living room, I find Carson sprawled out starfish style on the couch we were both previously on. I chuckle to myself and gently lift her up.

Her arms automatically wrap around my shoulders and her head lays against my chest. Luckily, she doesn't wake up as I carry her to her room.

Once I finally make it there after walking slowly, I lay her on her bed and cover her small body with the thin blanket.

I kiss her slightly parted lips and take a moment to look at her.

After appreciating what's mine, I slowly walk out of her room and close the door until I hear the click of it being securely closed.

Good thing she's a heavy sleeper. I hope James is having the same luck with Daisy.

I head out to the backyard and see that Asher is already sitting out there in one of the many chairs placed on the concrete.

"What's going on?" He asks confused.

"Bria is here. She's staying at a hotel not too far from the house." I inform.

His eyes grow wider in anger or disbelief, I can't tell which.

"Is she alone?" He asks.

"My men only mentioned her, I'll tell them to check if she has people with her or not." I pull out my phone and send a quick message in a group chat to let my people know what I expect of them.

Just as I hit the send button, James walks out the back door to greet us.

"Daisy woke up and wanted to snuggle until she fell back asleep." James says.

I laugh to myself. This is his way of saying 'sorry I'm late.'.

We talk for a while, at least a couple of hours to try to come up with a plan on what to do with the information that has been provided for us.

We came up with one of them, as in James or Asher, go out tomorrow and wait alone to see if anything happens. It's the best we could come up with. We still don't know if Bria hates all three of them, just the brothers, or just Daisy.

Eventually, we go inside and into our rooms. Carson is still fast asleep laying in her bed starfish style once again.

Let's see how our plan pans out tomorrow.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to like, comment, and follow!

What do you think happens next?

(Edited)