Chapter 98

Sonic's POV

We were getting ice cream on the way to the first store. I had finally managed to convince Kianna to go to a certain store, and Kianna had seen an ice cream stand outside. I gave the person five dollars, which was the cost for one ice cream.

"What flavor?" The person asked. Kianna scanned over all the flavors.

"Hm... The green one please!"

"Mint Chocolate Chip?" Kianna nodded eagerly. "Great choice." She scooped the icecream and gave it to Kianna.

"Thank you!" Then we saw a bunch of road cones on the ground. "What are those?" Kianna asked.

"Cones." I told her. Kianna went over to the cones and put her icecream cone next to them. "What did you do?!"

"Now the cone is with his friends!" Kianna said happily. I chuckled.

"No, Kianna. You eat it."

"Oh. My bad." The person gave Kianna another cone. Kianna smiled. I then turned to the person.

"Thank you."

"This her first time?"

"Yep. She's never been shopping like this before."

"You should take her to the park down the street. It isn't very good in shape, but it might remind her of her freedom."

"Freedom?" I asked.

"She's on Camelot, now. Not Avalon. She can't truly be herself or she'll be an outcast. And if she doesn't then she's an outcast." I suddenly heard beeping and turned around to see Kianna blindfolded, walking across the road.

"KIANNA!" I yelled. She came over to me and took off the blindfold. A teenager sighed and took twenty dollars out of their pocket and gave it to her. She smirked and took it. Then she went up to the person at the counter.

"Two mint chocolate chip icecreams please." I gave a small chuckle and the person at the counter just smiled. She gave Kianna the two icecreams and she gave me one. Then we waved goodbye and started to leave. We were walking and then Kianna suddenly turned into an alleyway.

"Kianna?" I asked. There was a little kid. Kianna gave him an icecream.

"I hope you enjoy it!" The little kid hugged her.

"Thank you!" Kianna smiled.

Later...

We arrived at a mall. Kianna gasped and looked up at it.

"It's giant!" She yelled. I smiled and nodded. Then I took her hand and brought her in. She gasped. There was a lot of people, going throughout the mall, bags in hand. Their shoes, heels, and boots clicking against the diorite floor, making it sound like there was music. Kianna looked at me and smirked. I smirked back, knowing what she was thinking.

"May I have this dance?" I asked, putting out my hand. Kianna nodded and hesitantly grabbed it. I brought her to the middle of the floor. I then started to dance. Kianna watched, hesitant. Everybody was watching, and some people were cheering. I went over to Kianna and told her to join me.

"I-I don't.... I don't think..." I gave her a small smile.

"Come on, Kianna. Give it a shot. You're the one who wanted to dance in the first place."

"I wanted YOU to dance. Not me! I don't wanna embarrass myself!"

"Kianna, everybody is watching. Come on, it'll be fun." She sighed.